Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION GS CMS database
Hello all, Can any body tell me do you GS CMS use mysql database or it not use any database, if it doesn't use where is the data stored?
I am Web Developer at serverpk
It uses xml files. As our homepage says all over it.

no database cms is why GS exists.

http://get-simple.info/wiki/description
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
wow then is it fast compared to php with mysql and also can it handle pages say more than 1000 and visitors more than ten million suppose?
I am Web Developer at serverpk
(2015-07-11, 04:13:08)paknoukri Wrote: wow then is it fast compared to php with mysql and also can it handle pages say more than 1000 and visitors more than ten million suppose?

Haven't gotten it up to the thousands pf pages, but am pushing almost 200 without a burp!
(2015-07-11, 04:13:08)paknoukri Wrote: wow then is it fast compared to php with mysql and also can it handle pages say more than 1000 and visitors more than ten million suppose?

Are there any sites in the world that have 1000 pages and 10.000.000 plus simultaneous visitors?  google.com I suppose.

Are you the head of web development for google, and thinking of moving the whole thing onto GetSimple? I know I speak for the whole team when I say that we would be very keen to help and that our lawyers are on call all weekend ready to negotiate a contract.
(2015-07-11, 19:50:43)Timbow Wrote:

Are there any sites in the world that have 1000 pages and 10.000.000 plus simultaneous visitors?  google.com I suppose.

Are you the head of web development for google, and thinking of moving the whole thing onto GetSimple? I know I speak for the whole team when I say that we would be very keen to help and that our lawyers are on call all weekend ready to negotiate a contract.

Just for my own curiosity, what is the "max" amount of visitors and pages that GetSimple could handle?
Web Developer
Plugins: GS Plugin Installer | Referrer Blocker | Password Protect
I am fairly certain a static html site can't handle that amount without clustering and an accererator, not a very realistic question.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
on one of my websites page 31 and up to 5,000 visitors per day
at another site more than 500 pages, up to 50 visitors per day
Not sure, but server's parameters are vital when talking about how much GetSimple can handle. Smile

*offtop mode
A lot of people use complex database-driven CMS's even when a static html version would be enough!

Thousands of 5-page W*rdPress websites make me sad.(excuse my french)
In my opinion, a database-CMS is only needed for data-driven cases, e.g. e-commerce or social interaction.

It's such a shame that people choose what's popular, not what's most appropriate