Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get to page to enter new password
I got the program installed, got the computer generated password but I can't get to the page to enter the password. When I go to the link in the password email
http://www.usucceed.com/GetSimple/admin/
I get the page that lists the version of GetSimple, PHP version, language and when I click on the arrow it takes me to the page I already did with the username and password so I am stuck in a loop.
Here is the link http://www.usucceed.com/GetSimple/admin/install.php
Directly after installing GetSimple it should send you into the admin section at once so you can change your password, no need to wait for any email. Also, the fact that the install.php file is still on your server points to a problem with the installation as the file should be removed.

Could you enable debug mode in gsconfig.php and see whether there are any errors showing up during the installation?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
When I try to access gsconfig.php I get a message "You cannot load this page directly.". I have tried deleting all the files on the server, unzipping the getsimple.zip file again and uploading everything again and checked to make sure all the files were there. I tried the install with Firefox and with IE. Still have the same thing happen. I do get the confirmation email that says setup completed but can't get to the page to put in my password as described in the first email. All permissions seem to be set to 755.
FKC:
You don't have to access gsconfig.php with your browser. To enable debug mode, you have to download it, open it with a text editor, change line:
Code:
#define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);
to:
Code:
define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);
save the file and ftp upload it (make sure you overwrite the 'old' one).
Then access again the site with your browser to see the errors.
I did what you suggested but still get the same message. Permission on the file is 644. I deleted the old file on the server and then FTP's the new changed one.
http://www.usucceed.com/GetSimple/gsconfig.php
gsconfig.php cannot be opened with a browser. To see debug errors, you must open your site root, or .../admin (the first link you posted)

I'm not a GS expert,so please correct me if I'm wrong. Looking at some of those errors, I think you may have done some changes or additions to GetSimple's files before installing.

I suggest you try with a fresh install (as is, no changes, default setup and language...). Once it works ok, you can try to customize it.
Now when I go to the start of the site usucceed.com/GetSimple I get these errors. Unfortunately I don't know what to do about them. I didn't do modify or do anything except answer the questions I was asked when I did setup. HELP!

Notice: Undefined variable: SITEURL in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined variable: SITENAME in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 90

Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to access /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/lang/C.php in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 111

Warning: include_once(/home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/lang/C.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 111

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/lang/C.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/home/solarspeed/php/share/pear') in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 111

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php:87) in /home/.sites/6/site66/web/GetSimple/admin/inc/common.php on line 129
Looks like the Language hasn't been set correctly, its been set to
My Github Repos: Github
Looks like the Language hasn't been set correctly, its been set to "C" for some reason.
Try editing data/other/cp_settings.xml
and edit the <lang></lang> entry and set it to :

Code:
<![CDATA[en_US]]>

See if it gets any further...

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Thanks so much to all of you. I will give this latest idea a try tomorrow morning.
This is interesting. I don't have the file cp_settings.xml . I looked at the original zipped GetSimple file and it isn't there. I searched all the files in my GetSimple directory and no cp_settings.xml. Did I get a bad zipped file of GetSimple?
No, I believe it should be created during installation. Did GetSimple have enough writing rights on your server in the first place?
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
The instructions said the data folder should be 755 and it is as are all the other folders. The folder that GetSimple is under is 775. Should there be other settings?
I'm confused by this path in the error messages because that is not where the site is located. Can anyone explain this?
/home/.sites/6/site66/web/
That must be where the website is located, because that’s where PHP is encountering the error …