Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION strange behaviour since upgrade to 3.3.6
I have four different getsimple installations running. All run well - since upgrading to 3.3.6...

I can't fix the reason when it occurs yet - but I have had it on all installations "sporadic" during editing of pages. If error occurs, editor window is not shown when I want to edit page. Window appears for some microseconds and the is gone - blank, no editing possible. When I have a look at the editing pages code which is transferred to browser I see big parts of the edited pages code - I think, most data is transferred. But something I don't know is wrong so no editor window is shown. This occurs regardless of used browser.
Entering debug mode does nort show anything for fixing. Replacing "data" folder to an older one where editor works does not change anything. Clearing cache in browser or in data/cache on server does not change anything. Searching for files which have been changed during the time between "running" and "not running" does not show any change of files. When I replace complete installation with the backup which works ERROR REMAINS (!!!!!)

The only possibility to fix this is
- copy another installation which works to the directory
- remove data-folder
- copy data-folder from backup
... and then editor window appears again for a while.

I have no idea where to look but the only aspect I see that apache caches something that should not be cached - but no idea how to do forensic work Sad

Next time I save code of editor-page if it works and next if it does NOT work to see what is different.

Does anybody have strange unlogical behaviour with new version, too?

Best regards
Andreas
I am assuming you mean the wysiwyg ckeditor ?
check your javascript console.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
The browser console should show the error.
What browser ?

ckeditor runs in an iframe it is possible that our new anti frame is preventing it sometimes in some browsers.

try

define('GSNOFRAME',false); # prevent in frames NEVER
in gsconfig.php

however this is supposed to only affect loading the page in frames , not frames on the page... so probably not the issue.
(2015-07-18, 23:39:53)shawn_a Wrote: try

define('GSNOFRAME',false);  # prevent in frames NEVER
in gsconfig.php

BINGO.

Problem occurs in Chromium, Google Chrome and Konqueror (running LMDE Betsy).

After changing this option problem is gone Smile

Many thanks for your help. I never would have fixed this by myself because I do not have knowledge what changed between the versions.

Best regards
Andreas
Check the change log.

This is odd this is not expected behavior nor do I have this problem.

I wonder if it has to do with how your url is setup, are you using ssl? Is there any other odd setup information you can give me.
There is no ssl used and no redirection or changed configuration since the upgrade. I will try to get more informations with playing around a "testing installation" on the same server. I am interested in understanding this (like you) and hope I can give facts. In this moment I can only tell you that it looks so the problem is gone because I have run a procedure in editing which has crashed wysiwyg window in the past for 100% in a few minutes and now I can edit for half an hour or longer...

Best regards
Andreas
Subdomain?
Proxy?
Bug 
(2015-07-19, 04:11:28)shawn_a Wrote: Subdomain?
Proxy?

both NO.

Today I don't have time to take a look but I will do next possibility.

If error occurs I was not able to see editor on a Windows-machine using google chrome browser where I never have called the URL - so it is definitly not browser cache e.g.

I am very astonished but interested in debugging, too. For today evening I am glad that normal operation can go on Smile

Best regards
Andreas
I suppose it could be plugin specific.
(2015-07-19, 04:38:11)shawn_a Wrote: I suppose it could be plugin specific.

... and again you're right...

I have had a look at javascript-console when error is present. There is no message or so - it seems so, that hiding of the editor is "planned & ok".

Then I installed a naked getsimple without any plugins and transferred contents of one of my websites to it. OK - now there are missing some plugins but only on some pages... With this installation I can edit again and again without editor disappearing.

So it is a "teamwork" of one or more plugins in combination with new version of gs which causes this strange behaviour. I don't think I will look further at this point. Disbling option is a quite good workaround - sorry but this is "very tricky" to find.

I cannot guarantee that version of php e.g. is not also responsible - I will test this next time because of I upgrade from wheezy to jessie on one of my servers and first I test is if the mostly used CMS (GS, Joomla!, Drupal, WordPress) do their work...

Best regards
Andreas
Well let me know which plugins of you get a chance and I can persue.