Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i18n language menu EX
This is an update of Mr. Alexey REHOV created i18n_lang_menu plugin version.

I think that multilinguages sites building is necessary enough. But this plugin seemed to me incomplete, and Mr. Alexey this project will not engage in improvement, so I tried to carry out the improvement itself.
Below follows a list of changes:
  1. Installed Languages Country flags showing, with the ability to change the display properties (display only text link, display the country's flag image only, flag with text links in front of image and the flag with the text link below the image).
  2. Ability to edit the flags image dimensions.
  3. Ability to select the menu positioning (horizontal or vertical layout).
  4. Plugin generates all the necessary <ul> and <li> elements.
  5. i18n multilinguage supporting. Plugin comes with 3 ready to use language files: English, Lithuanian and Russian.
This is how plugin administration area looks:
[Image: langmenu_en_03.png]
In order to display the menu language on your site the following code must be inserted into the theme template:

Code:
<?php get_i18n_lang_menu(); ?>
Or, if you want later rearrange the required menu using CSS rendering, use the DIV element. Eg. as follows:
Code:
<div class="langmenu-outer"><?php get_i18n_lang_menu(); ?></div>
Installation instructions:
Download the archive and unzip it to the plugins folder. Activate the plugin. You can edit some settings on Pages tab with button Edit language menu.

Plugin changed to v0.3.

Changes in this version:
  1. Improved plugins source code of some functions.
  2. Added a new opportunity - language elements rendering sorting. Introduced a new setting field "Weight".
  3. Added a new opportunity - menu integration with Bootstrap Navbar navigation element (in settings region "Menu positioning").
  4. Added a new opportunity - language menu icon style selection, included a new set of 3D flags (in settings region "Icon style").
Plugin upgrade instructions:
Download the archive and unzip it to the plugins folder. Edit some settings on Pages tab with button Edit language menu.
Language menu built into Bootstrap Navbar with 3D flags may look like this:
[Image: lang_ico.jpg]

Download version 0.3
Plugin changed to v0.5.

Changes in this version:
  1. Improved integration with Bootstrap navbar.
Plugin changed to v0.6.

Changes in this version:
  • Added the ability to specify the current (active) Menu Item rendering in the dropdown menu. In the administrative page you can determine whether the item is displayed or hidden.