Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION CSS update while building a boostrap theme
Hey,

Sorry if someone already asked this but i looked and reaaly dont saw any post about.

Im facing some difficulties everytime i made a change in a CSS file and reload a page to see the changes. Looks that GS have some kind of cache that is not being updated when needed or im making something very wrong.

I already pushed the flush cache option and the only solution until now is to rename the CSS file and reload the page, so this way i can see all the changes.

There some way more easier to see the changes in realtime just updating the CSS and reloading the page?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Cesar
cache is only for backend stuff
themes are not cached

are you sure you are editing css and not less or sass files ?
are you sure your host does not have some kind of caching rules, are you using a proxy ?
GS does not cache anything nor contain cache control

Is the theme using a .min file and your editing the full source ?

Without inspecting cache headers in your browser theres no way to know, could be a timezone issue, could be your browser.

most browsers have a dev mode which you can disable cache when doing this stuff, or you can force cache in your htaccess file.

You have not provided any information on your hosting situation.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2015-08-14, 03:54:52)shawn_a Wrote: Hey shawn.

First thank you by information, i really appreciate. How im very new to responsive development probaly is me that is not undertanding how this files works. So what ill do now that i now that GS dont cache anything ill start from very basic file. I was using the new theme responsive that uses the Bootstrap 3  with CSS themes from bootswatch.

Ill try to study more to be more specific in my questions about ok, but was a good start.

Regards
Cesar

-----------------------------------------------

cache is only for backend stuff
themes are not cached

are you sure you are editing css and not less or sass files ?
A: i think have some files yes

are you sure your host does not have some kind of caching rules, are you using a proxy ?
A: Dont have.

GS does not cache anything nor contain cache control

Is the theme using a .min file and your editing the full source ?
A: Yes, there a .min of boostrap

Without inspecting cache headers in your browser theres no way to know, could be a timezone issue, could be your browser.

most browsers have a dev mode which you can disable cache when doing this stuff, or you can force cache in your htaccess file.

You have not provided any information on your hosting situation.
try opening chrome or firebug or any other dev mode in your browser of choice and goto settings and disable cache there, and leave your dev window open while you refresh and test and see if that resolves your problem.

also check network and see what the cache headers are for your style assets
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix