Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing footer content
I've just recently discovered GetSimple and have to say I'm quite impressed. I'm setting up a model of my own website using it, and it's all going quite well. One thing I'd like to do is change the content that appears in page footers. It seems to me that this should be something that can be edited as part of a theme, but if it is I can't find where to do it.

On searching here I found another post that says if I want my own footer, just code it in the page template(s), or include() my own PHP file containing it. No problem there. But I believe I've also seen a post that suggested it is necessary to call get_footer() in templates, to satisfy the needs of some plugins. There seems to be a conflict here. If I include my own footer, that would require removing the call to get_footer() - so will this be a problem, or will it not? Or have I missed something glaringly obvious here, and there IS in fact a place in admin to edit the content?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Apologies, I have of course found that the footer content I was talking about is in fact part of the page template. Dumb! Please ignore the question.