Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login problems, weird characters
I read the forum posts on this issue. No solution worked for me, only using the default language file. Problem: GetSimple does not recognize my login data. Solution: set back to original language en_US

My Setup:
GetSimple 2.0.1
Xampp 1.7.2
FF 3.6.3
IE8

Solutions tried:
Manually alter the login data in user.xml, changing the password with SHA1 encryption or changing the username.
Checked domain, no weird characters in use.
Checked language settings in website.xml. NO weird stuff. Changed it to default en_US -> login works

Why did the nl_NL language file give a login issue? This was because I saved the nl_NL language file in UTF8 format to display 'weird' characters correct (see attached image).

QUESTION: Is there a way to display these sort of characters correct, but avoid login problems?
Have you tried using my Dutch language file? It fixed issues for others and might fix your problems too.

My language file is, I believe, also saved as UTF8 and didn’t give any real problems. I’m pretty sure it uses an ï somewhere in there so characters should not be a real problem.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:Have you tried using my Dutch language file? It fixed issues for others and might fix your problems too.

My language file is, I believe, also saved as UTF8 and didn’t give any real problems. I’m pretty sure it uses an ï somewhere in there so characters should not be a real problem.

Great! That one works Smile thanks.
I updated the language SVN with the new NL file. Thanks Zegnåt
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!