Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search function
HI!

I know I'm new here but I have been using Getsimple for at least 1 year. It only misses a search function. I know there is a plugin but it does not work with every version. It would be nice to have a search function incorporated in the official release because it would open a lot more possibilities for the website owners. You definitely need a way to search the website when you regularly publish new information. I hope this request will be taken into consideration.
I am not sure we will ever have a search function included in the core.. But we could
definitely invest in a most stable and reliable search plugin.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hi,
as trilulilu17 says, it would be great to have a search component or a plugin that work with all version
Regarding search plugin see I18N Search: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/81

To ensure compatibility of plugins for coming versions (esp. if you are thinking about an optional database), you should make pages (and components, ...) available by API, e.g.:
  • get_pages() returns list of URLs/slugs
  • get_page($slug, $withContent=false) returns all metadata and the content (if $withContent) in an associative array fully decoded (htmlspecialchars_decode, stripslashes, ...) as strings and ints. You should probably use better names than $metak (or was it just $meta?) and $metad.
  • maybe get_content_as_text($content) which does additional striptags and html_entity_decode
  • get_components()
  • get_component($componentname)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.