Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Filter
The Select Filter plugin simplifies the selection of parent pages, links to pages, etc. in large sites.

Just install it and activate it and - you will see no change  Wink .

But if you edit a page and place the cursor in a select with more than 10 entries, typing will filter the options. Use backspace or escape to reset the options.

Tested on Firefox.
It does NOT work with Chrome!
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
(2015-12-03, 04:16:25)mvlcek Wrote: It does NOT work with Chrome!

It does actually work in chrome, but different.

In Firefox you click on the pulldown menu and when you start typing, it filters. 

When you do that in Chrome, that doesn't work. But if you pull down and then pull up and start typing it does filter. Off course this is less useful. EDIT: This seems also the way it works in IE11

In this case it's better to use esc key instead of backspace to reset since by pressing too much times it can send the browser to the previous page. This is not the case in Firefox, because the pulldown menu is still down.
My site is bilingual. The Plug-in searches in one language, but does not searth in another one. I tested it in both Chrome and Fox
Why not just use a better combobox script, there are tons.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Would you be so kind and explain in more details. I am just a begginer here and for that reason asked for Martin's help. My site has 2768 pages and it is very difficult to do search in the special pages