Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toggle CKEditor
Hi Zegnåt, could you tell us how do you have implemented the CKEditor toggle button that you show in your signature's video?

http://zegnat.net/CKEditorDemo.mov

Please, please, please 8-)
I can tell you how, it’s done with some JQuery magic ;-) 51 lines of it, so far (including whitespace and formatting).

It’s way to buggy to even consider using it, unless you’re using the exact same set-up I am it will probably malfunction. I’ll release it if I can get it more stable, or in case I will not be working on it at all so someone else can pick it up.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Ok, thanks anyway. I thought it could be easier.
Example of buggyness:
For some reason Chrome on Windows doesn’t show the editor at all. The console shows some sort of error with the getsimple CKEditor theme which is weird because CKEditor works without a problem when editing a page.

It’s problems like these that are keeping me from putting it online because I know for sure people are going to bug me about that.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
function toggleCKedit() {
if (ck) {
ck.destroy();
ck = false;
}else{
ck = CKEDITOR.replace(document.getElementById('id');
}
}