Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disable acf in CKEditor
(2016-01-29, 13:03:05)shawn_a Wrote: I would like to see protected code but that still shows as read only in the editor, that does nit seem to be possible, unless its a widget or similar.

Either way i dont use it for the same reasons and inthink its a huge problem and has been since like 2009.
It is just not at the top of any priority list. It is something that the userbase and members has never fixed or adressed so i am going to have to. It is well within the capability of the public, but as i said it takes a lot of reading up on ckeditor maybe 12 hours of reseach and testing.

Thanks for your hard work, and I do have a reasonable work around so it is not high on my life goals either.

I believe the reason they did not make it easy to thwart was to help prevent SQL injection - once again though; unforeseen - unintended - undesirable consequences have arose.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
And i still highly recommend not putting server side code in your pages to be executed, use components or custom templates.
The phpexec plugin should never be used.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-02-01, 00:12:02)shawn_a Wrote: And i still highly recommend not putting server side code in your pages to be executed, use components or custom templates.
The phpexec plugin should never be used.

Mmm This is not server side code I am discussing. This is TEXT code listings being manipulated by the editor.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
I am playing with some new options with ckeditor 4.5 I have them pushed to the cke_patch branch.

I have basically added some new plugins for managing code snippets, a markdown editor, and some other stuff I want to test, autogrow, token insertion, stylesheet parser for auto loading content.css into format combo.

The markdowneditor is a bit buggy, so it will probably be removed from production, it removes comments and protected source sometimes, which is bad, and has broken code fencing. But its pretty neat for people used to markdown without having to replace the entire editor ( which is not so easy in 3.3.x versions. 3.4 should be easier )
(2016-02-02, 00:07:56)shawn_a Wrote: I have basically added some new plugins for managing code snippets, a markdown editor, and some other stuff I want to test, autogrow, token insertion, stylesheet parser for auto loading content.css into format combo.

Is the code snippet feature stable?
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
(2016-01-29, 07:49:12)shawn_a Wrote: For the markdown editors you have to save both the source code and the content separately, which quickly becomes a pain in the ass.

I think carlos's plugin works pretty well though, or at least has the right idea if you want UI and source editing preserved.

Sorry I didn't get that. Why is it needed to save source seperate from the content, or how should I see this? Can you maybe give an example?

Edit: You mean the markdown version and html version of a page?
Yes otherwise you have to convert back and forth, which some plugins do, but it is not ideal.