Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down for maintenance
This is a very simple Down for maintenance plugin... For those who find it useful.... version 0.1 You can find the switch in the Settings page at the backend. Ones the button is pushed and saved there's the possibility to write a maintenance message.

// Version update - 0.2 -//

Did some code cleaning, a extra feature displaying your e-mailadress by default the user.xml address, and i tried to add the hide_email function but i can't get it to work for some reason.
Can someone help me with that it's already in the file. When you activate the script hide_email($email) it outputs ++++.
Cool...thx
Working great...

//Maxpop

rogerstreets Wrote:This is a very simple Down for maintenance plugin... For those who find it useful.... version 0.1 You can find the switch in the Settings page at the backend. Ones the button is pushed and saved there's the possibility to write a maintenance message.
excellent and useful plugin
Yeah, what a tiny jewel, works great!.
Good and useful idea....

Thahks
Nice one, works a treat.

Mike...
My Github Repos: Github
I have slightly modified the design and the standard text.
See a screendump in my second comment.

The text of the backend "Maintenance Mode On / Off" is not the best.
Since it is a checkbox, I think it should be "Maintenance Mode On"

And then some space between the checkbox and the Message-input-filed would be great.

It could also be great if it was possible to include a link in your message, for example for a "mailto:info@demo.com".

rogerstreets, I hope you appreciate that I am working on your fantastic plugin.
My new modified layout ...
I agree on the text and the design, i'll have look on that later this week. I like your thoughts about the mailto: very much. But would you want another field to put in your e-mailadress or get the e-mail from the user.xml?
Lorentzen Wrote:I have slightly modified the design and the standard text.
See a screendump in my second comment.
It could also be great if it was possible to include a link in your message, for example for a
thanks to all! Currently i'm developing a community plugin. People need to register or the admin can register them to view extra content. Like protected pages but then more advanced..
I would love to assist you in beta testing a community plugin!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
OWS_Matthew Wrote:I would love to assist you in beta testing a community plugin!
Great idea! This is a preview of what it is right now. It's not a community yet but it's the start of something. In the video i try to access a page by the url (it's of screen) and i can't i'll be redirected to index.php // when i log in with the user it's possible to view the page. If you've any suggestions for this plugin let me know! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1oE9ncqyc
I am on my phone, so the video isn't the nest but from what I can tell it looks great!

I think some of the big things you will definately want to cover would be:
Members
- Login
- Register
- Edit Profile

GS Administrator
- Edit User Profile
- Search Users
- Add Delete Users

Things you could add for members down the road
- List of Members (click for profile page)
- Search Members
- Privacy Setting
- User Messaging System

Things you could add for GS administrators
- Ban Users
- Log User Activity
- Encrypt Passwords
- Moderate Messaging System
- Small Admin page seperate from GS Admin for multiple admins of the community.

Some of these may be in-possible using XML buy it's worth a try!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Guys i did a update on the maintenance.... Its on the top of the page!

Greets
Change the hide_email function to the follwoing to get it to work;

Code:
function hide_email($email){
$character_set = '+-.0123456789@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz';
  $key = str_shuffle($character_set);
  $cipher_text = ''; $id = 'e'.rand(1,999999999);
  for ($i=0;$i<strlen($email);$i+=1) {
      $cipher_text.= $key[strpos($character_set,substr($email,$i,1))];   // changed line
  }
  $script = 'var a="'.$key.'";var b=a.split("").sort().join("");var c="'.$cipher_text.'";var d="";';
  $script.= 'for(var e=0;e<c.length;e++)d+=b.charAt(a.indexOf(c.charAt(e)));';
  $script.= 'document.getElementById("'.$id.'").innerHTML="<a href=\\"mailto:"+d+"\\">"+d+"</a>"';
  $script = "eval(\"".str_replace(array("\\",'"'),array("\\\\",'\"'), $script)."\")";
  $script = '<script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/'.$script.'/*]]>*/</script>';
  return '<span id="'.$id.'">[javascript protected email address]</span>'.$script;
}

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Do note that hiding an email address within a mailto: link might be frowned upon. For instance, the Dutch web guidelines do not allow obfuscated mailto: links. The document about email links is available in both Dutch and English.

Much like American 508 these guidelines are only a must for government websites, but it’s never bad to keep all your sites to certain accessibility standards.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
This great plugin as I'm currently working on a new site.

thanks!!
Just tried out this plugin.
Idea for a maintenance plugin is great, although it lacks 1 crucial option: allowing site admin to see the sites.
It can be done manually with rewrite rules (redirect visitors to maintenance page + exception allowing to see the site for visitor coming from certain IP), but it needs some rewrite knowledge, preparing special page, and change the IP accordingly.

I'm not sure, but if PHP allows executing files only for a declared remote host, then it would be awesome to have the possibility to enter own (current) IP address and have the possibility to access page, while other visitors would see "maintenance page".

ps. if IP would be somehow changed during the process, it should be written in XML file, not base on cookies or something like this.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad