Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login problems (en language)
I got problem with logging in. Using v 2.01 with english language. I have cookies and javascript enabled. The webpage is on some hosting server

I tried:
- various browsers (chrome, mozilla, opera)
- reset password (no e-mail with new pasword came)
- change password hash manually in user XML (i tried various password with different strength, then a itried to simplify login - with no success)
- delete cookies and tried everything again.
- browsing the forum, the problem with login seemed to be just with the NL version.

Well, I am desperate, any idea how to solve this problem?
Try enabling debug mode: edit gsconfig.php and remove the '#' character in this line:
Code:
#define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);
Your admin panel will now display some error messages.
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: authenticated in /www_root/admin/inc/login_functions.php on line 67

well, this is what i got, what does it mean?
It just means you typed wrong user and/or password. I expected some other errors.

Try to do another GS install (even on localhost), make sure you can log in and out, then take the user.xml file in /data/other and upload it to the /data/other folder in the site which is giving you trouble, overwriting it (or rename the older just in case). You should be able to log in with your new user and password.

Edit: This user.xml 'trick' will only work if SALT settings (defined in gsconfig.php) are the same (or none) in both sites.
Anyway if you're not receiving the password by email, there's some problem with you hosting server or it doesn't let your PHP scripts use its mail server.

It also might be useful to know what PHP version you have.
Er... just in case... did you check you spam folder? (Gmail did that with some GS install of mine)
oh thx, gmail does it wrong :-) well, my mail was in spam, so I generated another password and used it, and everything works fine :-) thanks one more time