Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction!
Hello guys! My name is Tony, I'm a freelance developer / Artist and I love GetSimple! I frequently build sites for musicians and have dabbled in other cms systems like joomla and communitybuider but they end up too bulky. GS is just what I've been looking for.

I'd like to contribute and help out with GS but I'm not a hardcore coder I'm more of a designer but what I will do is post some of my creations using GS . Thank you!

T
Hello Tony, nice to meet you, i just joined today, enjoy our stay
Hi,

I don't see an introduction stickie...

I just wanted to say hi. I'm brand new to GetSimple. I just downloaded the latest RC and plan to explore it using MAMP. I'm brand new to PHP, as well. I just started a beginner PHP course at lynda.com. I'm also enrolled as a part time student in the Bachelor of Science program for Web Design and Interactive Media at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I'm just starting my sophomore year.

Awhile back, I had a webhosted WordPress installation hacked. And, the experience has really opened my eyes. I read that the Fantastico installer might have been part of the problem. I completely deleted the site, and have been reinstalling things manually.

I've been trying to learn as much as I can about being more secure, but the whole experience has made me skittish. I still have a 503 lock on the door, something I learned about after I was hacked. I've been trying to get a handle on robots, cross scripting, injections and htaccess, and that lead me to trying to figure out Apache (I was and am still completely lost) which has lead me to learning how to use UNIX. Which is where I'm at, now.

I'm an experienced graphic designer. I've been using Illustrator and Photoshop since 1992. I've been trying to theme Joomla, Drupal and WordPress off and on for a year or two without much success. It always seems to take forever each time I try to modify one of those CMS's. Recently, I've been researching smaller CMS's, looking for applications that might be easier to theme, and that's how I found you guys.

If anyone is interested, I'm more than happy to share what I know about graphic design and Adobe software. I look forward to working with and learning about GS.
electrosketch Wrote:I don’t see an introduction stickie…
The average visitors need questions answered and are sometimes gone after they get what they want. Don’t know whether a sticky would really contribute much to our forum. Thanks for going out of the way to prove some people do like to introduce themselves!

electrosketch Wrote:I’m also enrolled as a part time student in the Bachelor of Science program for Web Design and Interactive Media at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I’m just starting my sophomore year.
Pittsburgh, you’re at GetSimple’s birthplace then. If you don’t know about it yet you might be interested in this other project Chris has going.

electrosketch Wrote:I've been using Illustrator and Photoshop since 1992.
Thanks for making me feel insignificant Big Grin

Welcome to the club, hope you’ll find GetSimple is easier to work with when implementing designs than Joomla, Drupal and WordPress. We do aim to be.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Hi my name is Nasir Ghaffar Student of MBA age 25. My hobby is Ride Beautiful sports Bikes. I am doing a part time job in a web developing office. I have a cat pet.Thanks.....east bay personal trainer
hi everyone...

i'm mae... a newbie...

just register earlier.. my friend suggested me this forum..

told me i can learn many thing here specially on web developing..

anyway i'm into web developing... beginner though...

have to learn more...

Smile Smile Smile
Ha, thanks for the plug Zegnat...

Zegnåt Wrote:
electrosketch Wrote:I don’t see an introduction stickie…
The average visitors need questions answered and are sometimes gone after they get what they want. Don’t know whether a sticky would really contribute much to our forum. Thanks for going out of the way to prove some people do like to introduce themselves!

electrosketch Wrote:I’m also enrolled as a part time student in the Bachelor of Science program for Web Design and Interactive Media at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I’m just starting my sophomore year.
Pittsburgh, you’re at GetSimple’s birthplace then. If you don’t know about it yet you might be interested in this other project Chris has going.

electrosketch Wrote:I've been using Illustrator and Photoshop since 1992.
Thanks for making me feel insignificant Big Grin

Welcome to the club, hope you’ll find GetSimple is easier to work with when implementing designs than Joomla, Drupal and WordPress. We do aim to be.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Greets to all,

I've been playing around different CMS (Joomla and Wordpress) and Zencart for some time but not done any serious work. I am now working on my first site and since I was planning on making just 5 pages I decided to use static page.

As work went on I soon found out 5 pages won't be enough because there's much more topics of interest that I wanted to add. And also I have just 5 pages no sooner I realized I was doing some tasks over and over, like updating menu and ad links which seemed like waste of time.

So I decided it would be wiser to use cms or blogging app. Joomla seems too big for such a small site so I settled for wordpress but once there I had difficulty customizing the theme the way I want. I have some knowledge of html and css but that's all I have which to my disappointment was not enough when working with php.

I'd like to try GS this time. I installed a copy on my machine with Wampserver and so far it looks good. Installation was very very simple and as well as the site itself. Also the default theme is exactly the way I want my next sites to look, GS is simple and clean.

Thanks for everyone who worked hard to make GS and for sharing to the community.

ps: this is my first post and I replied here after looking for newbie Introduction thread.
Thanks spring. welcome to the forums... hope GS works out great for you....
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Hello everyone! I am Hari , New to the forum. I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that People can share their experience with eachother. chicago real estate