Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step by step form tutorial
Hi

I've read, and googled, and downloaded 3-4 plugins, but I am failing in adding contact form.

To be precise, I did manage to see the contact form pages provided, by the contactable, p01, contactform, basic, but I need to have 3 forms, and need to add various fields.

In any case couldn't find enough documentation, a detailed one, either how to do it with any of the above, or if I wanted to create my own form, on how to do so - I have a custom php form I used somewhere else I could use, if I knew how, needs php session to be added at the beginning of page (file) etc.

If you know of tutorials/detailed instructions of any sort please advise; like said a step by step would be ideal:
i.e.
1 - do this
2 - go to this
3 - click that
4 - ...

Thank you
You can add php via a component to your theme, or by using the Dynpages plugin, to a page.

As far as I know there isn't a form-plugin for Get-Simple at the moment appart from the many contact-form plugins. Documentation for p01-contact is here: https://github.com/nliautaud/p01contact/wiki
(2016-02-11, 23:56:07)datiswous Wrote: You can add php via a component to your theme, or by using the Dynpages plugin, to a page.

As far as I know there isn't a form-plugin for Get-Simple at the moment appart from the many contact-form plugins. Documentation for p01-contact is here: https://github.com/nliautaud/p01contact/wiki

Thank you

I tried adding my php to a component, and then adding component to template file, and when assigning a page to that template I get blank page; obviously I am doing something wrong, but don't know what.

I tried p01, and while I was able to style the fields in a more decent way, the big issue is I can't seem to be able to add more than the default fields, in the link you sent there are these examples:

Code:
(% contact %)
and

Code:
(% contact : address@domain.ext, another@domain.ext,
        subject => "About this script",
        email!,
        textarea "How old is born Napoléon?",
        phone,
        radio "Do you like this script?" = "Yes" selected | "No",
        website,
        select = "One" selected | "Two" | "Three" | "Four" | "Five" ,
        message! = "Say something",
        password = tomato,  
        captcha,
        askcopy %)

When I put the former on the page (using editor) the form is displayed, but when I put the latter the code is displayed!
Try the following with the example code:

In your editor click on Source button.

Then paste the code. Click save.

Then after saving, click save again.

That should display the form.
(2016-02-12, 06:33:14)datiswous Wrote: Try the following with the example code:

In your editor click on Source button.

Then paste the code. Click save.

Then after saving, click save again.

That should display the form.

Thank you.

Displaying correctly, will test it when online.