Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Components assigned to page
When creating a component it can be assigned to a page.
When editting the page, the component will be also editable under the normal edit field.
GetSimple! CMS themes: SimpleTheme! | French Avenue | iGetSimple
Agreed. See my post here re: More on Components... - Would also be nice to load the components into the Theme editor.
eddyfever Wrote:When creating a component it can be assigned to a page.
When editting the page, the component will be also editable under the normal edit field.

How would you determine where on the page the component would show up?
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
Derek Wrote:How would you determine where on the page the component would show up?
Maybe the sidbar has the UI to select the Component (checkbox, radio, dropdown... i dunno) and then an "Insert" button which could add it into the active insertion point in the Editor pane. I was only looking for a way to eliminate jumping back and forth copying/pasting etc from the Components into the Theme code. I'm sure there's a ton of better solutions.
badcat Wrote:
Derek Wrote:How would you determine where on the page the component would show up?
Maybe the sidbar has the UI to select the Component (checkbox, radio, dropdown... i dunno) and then an "Insert" button which could add it into the active insertion point in the Editor pane. I was only looking for a way to eliminate jumping back and forth copying/pasting etc from the Components into the Theme code. I'm sure there's a ton of better solutions.
Good thing TinyMCE (i think that's what I saw for the WYSIWYG) is pretty easy to modify like that
------
I can't design for shit but I can code the shit out of your design
I don't agree with this kind of component integration. this is "GetSimple CMS"
On the other, I would put components as another tab cause now it seems to be subcategory of a certain theme (and we know components are used generally by all themes).
Derek Wrote:
eddyfever Wrote:When creating a component it can be assigned to a page.

How would you determine where on the page the component would show up?

Maybe something with dynamic and fixed components

- Fixed components like the way they are now
- Dynamic components like under page options "add dynamic component" then a extra field appears and can be insert in the code with: <?php get_component('dynamic1'); ?> then everypage page where you add a extra dynamic component is called "dynamic1"

This is my first thought about it, what do you think about.
GetSimple! CMS themes: SimpleTheme! | French Avenue | iGetSimple