Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM WEBSITE GONE
Had a website for over a year....now it's gone !!! "page can't be displayed" same message when I try to log in as admin. Username and PW not recognized. Is all lost ??? Do I need to start an entire new site ?
(2016-02-20, 16:55:28)dibujos Wrote: Had a website for over a year....now it's gone !!! "page can't be displayed" same message when I try to log in as admin. Username and PW not recognized. Is all lost ??? Do I need to start an entire new site ?

I'm new to GS so others will have to offer more information but if you ftp onto your server there are a lot of files that con be recovered - even in the worst scenario. For example you theme can be salvaged, and all your pages are under the /data dir.

When I was first getting setup I had several plugins blow things up. I learned to add plugins one at a time and if things locked up, use ftp to remove the most recent plugin file and dir.

Others probably have better ideas than I do but I would start with a backup, then remove all plugins except the essential ones.

I hope this helps - good luck!
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Did you pay your hosting fees or domain registration. We dont host websites.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-02-20, 23:42:50)shawn_a Wrote: Did you pay your hosting fees or domain registration. We don't host websites.

Wow... Now that I think about it, those errors do fit a hosting company disconnecting an account Sad
If he can't ftp in then he will know for sure.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
(2016-02-20, 16:55:28)dibujos Wrote: Had a website for over a year....now it's gone !!! "page can't be displayed" same message when I try to log in as admin. Username and PW not recognized. Is all lost ??? Do I need to start an entire new site ?

These words make me guess that he can see the login page, but can't log in... Huh
If so, this is not a hosting/domain fee problem. But I can't really think about a coherent cause (hack maybe?)
If you can retrive your "Data" folder, that's all your really need for sure. If possible of course, backup all the website.
Don't you have a recent full backup? Undecided
__
Contact me if you need a french translation file for your plugin.
(2016-02-20, 23:42:50)shawn_a Wrote: Did you pay your hosting fees or domain registration. We dont host websites.

Yes. with Dreamhost, thru 03/14/2016. Cannot see my admin login for G S CMS. My site shows up in a google search, but clicking on link yields  "Hmmm, we can't find this page" . Think I was using version 3.3.3 or earlier.
(2016-02-21, 04:10:58)dibujos Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 23:42:50)shawn_a Wrote: Did you pay your hosting fees or domain registration. We dont host websites.

Yes. with Dreamhost, thru 03/14/2016. Cannot see my admin login for G S CMS. My site shows up in a google search, but clicking on link yields  "Hmmm, we can't find this page" . Think I was using version 3.3.3 or earlier.

Try to access your site with FTP. If you can't, or if you don't know how to do it, contact Dreamhost. This does not look like a problem from GetSimple...
__
Contact me if you need a french translation file for your plugin.
It could be a permission change, only way to know is check via cpanel or ftp or see if you can get to a static page like readme.txt or something.

Not sure what page not fpund means, os it your browser a 404? Domain exost?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-02-21, 04:10:58)dibujos Wrote:

Ya, this is sounding more and more like a domain name or DNS address resolving problem. Contact your hosting support. I had  problems with a hosting company a few years back doing this to me when they upgraded servers and did not propagate the new server address.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")