Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM setting external link: changedata.php
Hi there,
I have a problem with external links on one of my websites. Every time I try to set an external link in the text a popup appears

"you want to open the file changedata.php"

and the page can´t be saved.

What can I do and what could be the reason for this strange behavoir. I work with GetSimple now for several years now but never had such an issue.

PHP version is 5.6, permissions are set to 755 / 644, an index.php file exists in the /admin-folder.

Thank you
SoHo
Does everyhting else work? Os this using the editor?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Hi shawn_a,
this is wierd, but this morning I coud set the external links - without changing anything. I guess it has been an issue on the server. Maybe the provider changed something in the configuration. It´s one of the big providers here in germany and they sometimes do things you never know.

Or do you have another idea? I´ve been a little bit worried about a possibly hack, but I scanned the website and everything was fine.

Thank you
SoHo
yeah it is as if it stopped processing php files and served them up instead. Which should NEVER happen its a huge security hole.
Luckily we don't actually store data in php files.
Thank you - problem solved however.

Best,
SoHo
I bet it was the redirect, i have seen redirects on some servers serve the php files for some reason. Must be a bad config, keep an eye on it, but its probably nothing with GS itself. Are you running php as cgi ?
(2016-03-15, 23:46:49)shawn_a Wrote: I bet it was the redirect, i have seen redirects on some servers serve the php files for some reason. Must be a bad config, keep an eye on it, but its probably nothing with GS itself. Are you running php as cgi ?

Hi shawn_a,
as far as I know it comes with apache. The website is hosted by one of the big webhosters which doesn´t say much about thier server config and run php 5.2 version if you don´t comply. They even hide the .htaccess files.

I don´t recommend these big webhosters, but client is king.

I´ll keep an eye on it, but don´t think it has something to do with GetSimple.

Best,
SoHo