Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Write error
Hi all.
I copyed GS instalation to another directory. I changed URL, everything run well.

Now whats the problem:
In Settings I got, everytime while changing data, error:
------
Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the /data, /backups folders & sub-folders and retry.
------
Interisting is, that changes are writen and done.
Everything is set to 777.
Thanks for your reply.

Libor Marek
If you have safemode on or host has protections enabled elsewhere, your owners might have to match the php process, or try 755
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_aIf you have safemode on or host has protections enabled elsewhere, your owners might have to match the php process, or try 755

I have the same error, "Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the '<slash>data' and '<slash>backup' folders & sub-folders and retry."

I changed the permissions on both folders and their contents is '755' (were 775) and reloaded the browser window.

Running phpinfo() shows the only two "safe" settings as turned off:
  • Thread Safety='disabled'
  • sql.safe_mode='Off'

The installed system is a Bitnami Ubuntu 14.04 VM hosted on my local workstation of the same OS.

Please supply more detailed instructions on the "safemode" suggestion or how to find out the owner of my PHP process (remember, it's running in a VM) if it looks like that is where my problem lies.

Thanks,

--Michael
There are some topics about (possibly) similar issues:

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5539
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5043
Safemode is compiled in not sire how to check
It is worth noting that his issue is almost always on someones local debug host or lamp etc,