Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r164 Archive Issue
Note: I am running r164.

I am presuming this is an issue with the nightly, though since I have not used any earlier versions, I don't know for sure.

When I created a website archive and then opened it on my computer with the built-in Windows ZIP handler (in Windows 7), it appeared to have only one folder inside called getsimple, which is empty. However, the ZIP file was several hundred KB, so it obviously had something inside. Upon further investigation with 7-Zip, I realized that the content is stored inside a folder named
Same problem with GS 2.01 (tested both localhost and live site)

Win XP doesn't show the zip-archive contents. But works if you use 7-zip, WinRAR...

(Maybe something related to some "dot dot slash" directories I've seen.)

Edit: replaced two dots and a slash by "dot dot slash" -- If I don't, the post gets truncated. :-?
Wow, that's odd -- my post got truncated too. My first post ended by saying that the content is stored inside a folder named "dot dot slash." When extracted with 7-Zip its contents get extracted into the root extraction location (not a directory up, as would seem logical merely based on the folder name).

Maybe I need to file a bug report for PunBB too.
im seeing this too. I think it's the way the relative folder structure works now with the changes in 2.0.

Looking over /admin/zip.php im not seeing any easy way to fix it... any ideas anyone?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I’ve just committed a fix to the nightly code and my PC is now generating a new SVN zip file. r165 should fix the archive problem.

I never use this function so I never noticed the error before. As I’m not a user of the function it’s a bit hard to test it completely so let me know if any new bugs arise.

Edit: The SVN download is up, let me know how it works out!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Works ok with XP now.