Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION How to install CKEditor
I'm very new in using GetSimple, but I think it's somewhat complicated.

So I would like to try it with help of CKEditor, which I've downloaded to my computer, but now my problem is that I can't figure out how to upload it into my site/admin.
I read somewhere that I should Upload it to my Plugin tab, which I've tried to, but it doesn't appear there.

Doing it all wrong I'm sure, but would someone be kind to lead me onto the right path? Huh
(2016-03-29, 16:28:16)Hoirup Wrote: So I would like to try it with help of CKEditor, which I've downloaded to my computer, but now my problem is that I can't figure out how to upload it into my site/admin.

Ckeditor is already part of GS, there is nothing to do Smile

FYI, GS is probably the simplest full featured CMS you will find! Like any other computer program that is relatively powerful, there will be a learning curve of a few weeks. It's like learning to drive a car, it just can't be done in a day or two...
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
(2016-03-29, 19:54:03)jwzumwalt Wrote:
(2016-03-29, 16:28:16)Hoirup Wrote: So I would like to try it with help of CKEditor, which I've downloaded to my computer, but now my problem is that I can't figure out how to upload it into my site/admin.

Ckeditor is already part of GS, there is nothing to do Smile

FYI, GS is probably the simplest full featured CMS you will find! Like any other computer program that is relatively powerful, there will be a learning curve of a few weeks. It's like learning to drive a car, it just can't be done in a day or two...
Thanks for your promt reply about CKEditor.
Already in GS you say, but then I ask: how do I open it? All I see is the normal GS editor, not the more rich CK.
BTW my present problem is to make a copy-paste of a pdf file into my webpage. Sounds simple? Well, GS won't let me do that! While it seems, from screenshots, that CKE will do that...
Appriciate your help Smile
That IS ckeditor, maybe you want to enable advanced toolbar, its in gsconfig.php.
just uncomment gstoolbar
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-03-30, 03:52:25)shawn_a Wrote: [attachment=675]That IS ckeditor, maybe you want to enable advanced toolbar, its in gsconfig.php.
just uncomment gstoolbar

Thanks a lot Shawn.
I really am at true newbie to all of this, but somehow I managed to find gsconfig.php wherelse I couldn't find gstoolbar! And if I had, how do I "uncomment" it?
Here's a screenprint. That might help you - to help me... Confused

<?php
/**
* GSConfig
* The base configurations for GetSimple
* @package GetSimple
*/

/** Prevent direct access */
if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'gsconfig.php') {
die('You cannot load this page directly.');
};

/*****************************************************************************/
/** Below are constants that you can use to customize how GetSimple operates */

# Extra salt to secure your password with. Default is empty for backwards compatibility.
#define('GSLOGINSALT', 'your_unique_phrase');

# Default thumbnail width of uploaded image
define('GSIMAGEWIDTH', '200');

# Change the administrative panel folder name
#define('GSADMIN', 'admin');

# Turn on debug mode
#define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

# Make login cookie available sitewide.
#define('GSCOOKIEISSITEWIDE', TRUE);

# Ping search engines upon sitemap generation?
#define('GSDONOTPING', 1);

# Turn on paging for long lists of pages
#define('GSPAGER', TRUE);

# Set override CHMOD mode
#define('GSCHMOD', 0777);

# Enable Canonical Redirects?
#define('GSCANONICAL', 1);

# Use Uploadify to upload files?
#define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1);

# WYSIWYG editor height (default 500)
#define('GSEDITORHEIGHT', '400');

# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
#define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

# WYSIWYG editor language (default en)
#define('GSEDITORLANG', 'en');

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
#define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', '');

# Turn off auto-generation of SALT and use a custom value. Used for cookies & upload security.
#define('GSUSECUSTOMSALT', 'your_new_salt_value_here');

# Set email from address
#define('GSFROMEMAIL', 'noreply@get-simple.info');

# Data saving method. Default is XML
#define('GSSTORAGE', 'xml');

# Set PHP locale
# http://php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php
#setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US');

?>
Add this to gsconfig.php...

# allow formatted copy and paste
 define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll'],
 ['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight',
 'JustifyBlock', 'Outdent','Indent','Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Templates'],
 '/', ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize','Button', '-','Subscript','Superscript','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar',
 'Link','Unlink', 'PageBreak','Image','SpellChecker','Scayt','RemoveFormat', 'Source']");

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',"scayt_autoStartup:true,
scayt_sLang:'en_EN',
enterMode: CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR");
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
(2016-03-30, 05:59:25)jwzumwalt Wrote: Add this to gsconfig.php...

# allow formatted copy and paste
 define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll'],
 ['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight',
 'JustifyBlock', 'Outdent','Indent','Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Templates'],
 '/', ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize','Button', '-','Subscript','Superscript','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar',
 'Link','Unlink', 'PageBreak','Image','SpellChecker','Scayt','RemoveFormat', 'Source']");

# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',"scayt_autoStartup:true,
scayt_sLang:'en_EN',
enterMode: CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR");
Thanks for your very patient reply jwzumwalt.

But how do I add your "script" into gsconfig.php?

I really need help, as I'm a completly novice   Huh in all of this!
When I click on gsconfig.php, all I get is a page where I can do NOTHING. Angry

Really appriciate your effort to guide a newbie in all of this.
(2016-03-30, 06:43:33)Hoirup Wrote: Thanks for your very patient reply jwzumwalt.

But how do I add your "script" into gsconfig.php?

I really need help, as I'm a completly novice   Huh in all of this!
When I click on gsconfig.php, all I get is a page where I can do NOTHING. Angry

Really appriciate your effort to guide a newbie in all of this.

1st save a copy on your computer, open up the file in notepad and edit it there....Hope this helps some what?
(2016-03-30, 11:01:23)elubben Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 06:43:33)Hoirup Wrote: But how do I add your "script" into gsconfig.php?

1st save a copy on your computer, open up the file in notepad and edit it there....Hope this helps some what?

Several possibilities depending on your skill and access.

1) I always keep (and recommend) having several backups and the current copy of your site on your local computer. Simply overwrite a new copy by uploading from your local copy (as mentioned by elubben).

2) use the cpanel file browser that your site hosting company provides.

3) use a ftp program such as filezilla to do your file shuffling.

If you are unfamiliar with the above options, then welcome to computers! Programming computers is a lot like buying a car then you must learn how to work on the engine, learn to sew tears in the upholstery, and weld and repair the fenders. It takes many weeks and months but eventually all the effort is worth it Smile

I am a retired computer programmer and it took me about 10 reloads and a month before I finally kept the GS setup I am using now - it takes TIME.
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Quote:I really am at true newbie to all of this

Maybe it's time to visit the wiki (top menu): http://get-simple.info/wiki/

Most of the info told here you can find there. It's usually good to read some ducumentation when using something new..
Hoirup, in your screenprint was

The hashtag mark at the start of each line turns that line INTO a comment.
This makes it invisible to the software (but visible to you).
Delete the hashtag to UNcomment a line.

In this case you leave the first hashtag because "WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])" is meant as a note to you.
Delete that second one so CKEditor will know to use the 'advanced" tool bar. After it should look like so:

define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'advanced');

Personally, I found the advanced toolbar a bit lacking, so I altered mine to the "full" toolbar

define('GSEDITORTOOL', 'full');

The Full toolbar is sorta cluttered, though; It has stuff I would never use.

What jwzumwalt is offering you is a [custom] toolbar.  It is almost like 'Full', but is streamlined.
You paste that in instead of uncommenting anything else.

He also offers you a few different settings. ("# WYSIWYG Editor Options")
  • One turns the Spell Checker on for you automatically.
  • The second tells the Spell Checker to use the English dictionary
  • The third changes CKEditor so that when you hit enter it'll do do a line break (single space) instead of a new paragraph (create a double space)

Be aware that some of the tools still wont be quite the same as the CKEditor that you downloaded, though.  The Image tool, for instance, has a couple of things missing in GS's version  (border ... and margins, maybe?  Stuff that you would normally use your CSS files to deal with anyway).
(2016-03-31, 06:59:31)Raeven Wrote: Hoirup, in your screenprint was

In this case you leave the first hashtag because "WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])" is meant as a note to you.
Delete that second one so CKEditor will know to use the 'advanced" tool bar. After it should look like so:

Personally, I found the advanced toolbar a bit lacking, so I altered mine to the "full" toolbar

What jwzumwalt is offering you is a [custom] toolbar.  It is almost like 'Full', but is streamlined.

• The third changes CKEditor so that when you hit enter it'll do do a line break (single space) instead of a new paragraph (create a double space)

Be aware that some of the tools still wont be quite the same as the CKEditor that you downloaded, though.  The Image tool, for instance, has a couple of things missing in GS's version  (border ... and margins, maybe?  Stuff that you would normally use your CSS files to deal with anyway).
(2016-03-31, 08:30:48)Hoirup Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 06:59:31)Raeven Wrote: Hoirup, in your screenprint was

Hi Raeven.
Thanks a million for your VERY constructive comments to my problems. Your big effort is greatly appriciated!
I can't wait to try it off.
You are - like all other of my repliers - sincerely helpfull.?
Thanks again!