Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video background duplicating code in web pages
Hi there,

I've been experimenting with video back grounds on a few pages that i have, however when I've gone back to edit the pages I've noticed that the code for the video is duplicated within the page, and the more often i edit the page the more it gets duplicated.

for example i have this :

<video autoplay="" class="fullscreen-bg__video" loop="" muted="" poster="/vid/video.jpg">
<source src="/vid/video.mp4" type="video/mp4"> </source></video>

near the top of the page

but a little futher down the page this gets added:

<p><source src="/vid/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
<p><source src="/vid/video.mp4" type="video/mp4"></source></p>
<source src="/vid/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">

then at the very bottom of the page this gets added:

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</source></source></p>

the more time i edit the pages the more it gets duplicated until i get about a dozen lines of duplicate code. it has happened on every page that i have used the video backgrounds on. I'm using a theme that i put together myself using bootstrap 3.3.4 and boot strap blocks, the initial code that gets added goes after the first block after the </section> and the last part of the code goes at the very bottom of the page after the final </section>

i've tried editing the code out of the pages but it just appears again once its saved.

has anyone else come across this? or have any idea what could be causing it or how it could be fixed. p.s i'm using the latest version of getsimple 3.3.8
Upgrade to the beta and use the new editor
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-04-01, 21:47:55)shawn_a Wrote: Upgrade to the beta and use the new editor

that does fix the problem. Keep up the good work Smile