Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile
Hey guys,
I know this should probably be under feature request but I personally think it should be
directed towards developers so here it goes.

The first thing I think we should consider doing is creating a Theme feature for the
Administration panel in GetSimple. This would allow developers to create a custom
look for client projects. (Still require GetSimple Logo in some places.)

The second thing I think we should consider is creating themes for the admin panel
that are directed towards mobile devices like the iPhone. I am always using my iPhone,
and it would be nice to be able to have a simple layout for the iPhone where you don't
have to scroll around the screen a bunch to change a couple words.

The third thing we should look into as a community of developers is a native iPhone application
similar to http://iphone.wordpress.org/ We could create the app where all you have to
do is type your admin domain, username, and password and you would be able to edit your GetSimple
website. I am not sure what would be required to do this, but I am sure there is some one within our
community that has experience developing iPhone apps so maybe they will offer some in site. I can
personally create an iPhone app that would basically be a dedicated browser that would automatically
pull up your administration panel based on the admin link you provide. We could then work our way
into a fully functional iPhone app. We could even sell this app for like $1.99 or something to help cover
the cost of the apple developer license, and even get-simple.info hosting.

Please let me know what you think about these ideas, I think its time for GetSimple to move to the next
level in the mobile industry. I am in the process of attempting to learn xcode (its not going to well) so that
I can create iPhone apps, so I am anxious to see what we can come up with as far as ideas and comments.

Thanks
-Matthew Phillips
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I love the ideas, makes me think of the old iPhone theme again. If you could just send me an iPhone, I’ll get right on developing an iPhone version of the admin section ;-)

I would prefer not building an iPhone app but instead keep to HTML/CSS/JS to be opened by Mobile Safari. Just personal preference I guess.

As for making the admin section themeable, I don’t see that happening any time soon. The admin section will need to be rewritten completely for anything like that to work. The reason being that it was build to be pretty much static, this is also why it’s so hard to add extra tabs for your plugins.

Of course you’re free to contribute on any of these points if you have the time, and we’ll be happy to push them into the official GetSimple build if you get it stable!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I have started working on an mobile admin interface. It will probably be a completely separate folder like "iadmin" I'll keep the public updated as it comes along. Any design help would be great, I would call myself more of a developer than a designer.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I think an Admin for the iPhone would be great but it should work on all phones to really be useful.
Are you creating this using Objective C? I would be glad to help with a graphic look if that is all you need. I also think that a CSS setup would be the best way to go so it can work on most phones.
if there will be an interface for one device we will be dependent on the industry, and that is not the intention of the internet.

Every effort in that direction should be device-independant, clear flexible liquid design

who will care for this app, for that device, do you really think that is a good idea?

Keep GetSimple simple!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
This post was a little old - almost a year.

There is no mobile admin interface being developed other than a 3rd party iPhone app that can be deployed thru their AppStore. There is no timetable for this to be completed, as it's just a side project of mine...
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!