Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Simple Contact Plugin - Language Problem
Hi there,
I have a multilanguage page (I18N) DE/EN/RU with the simple contact plugin. the form is translated in the three languages.

When I cklick on "Kontakt" on the home page the form on the contact page shows up not in german but in english.

Settings:
Language: de_DE
Sprache für alle Seiten mit einer URL ohne Sprachkürzel (wie "index"), z.B. "de":    DE
Language for all pages with URL without language abbr.: DE

Versions:
GetSimple 3.3.8
Simple Contact Form Plugin: 1.3.0
I18N Plugins: 3.3.1

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you
SoHo
do you mean this plugin ?
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...ntact/719/
this doesn't have DE translation (only EN, RU, HU)
(2016-04-25, 20:06:28)morvy Wrote: do you mean this plugin ?
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/get...ntact/719/
this doesn't have DE translation (only EN, RU, HU)

Hi morvy,
yes, it´s this plugin and it has a translation file for DE, see attached  (I renamed it here).

When I choose the language selector of the website, it´s shown in DE but when I click on "Kontakt" in the navigation it´s shown in EN.

Best
SoHo

Attached Files
.php   getsimple_contact_form_translation_de_DE.php (Size: 10.45 KB / Downloads: 2)
from what I can see, there is a sc_language function that handles this, maybe this plugin is a bit outdated and doesn't work well with GetSimple anymore, maybe you'll need to modify it a bit? maybe getting sc_language by return_i18n_languages() ?
Hi morvy,
maybe I didn´t understand what you recommended. I integrated the line <?php return_i18n_languages()?> in my template file but nothing returned :-(

Any other suggestions?

Thank you
SoHo
maybe I'm wrong, author says that plugin supports i18n variables, so I don't understand why it's not working. What I would do is to add another condition (as first) into sc_language() function directly in plugin's getsimple_contact.php to set the language to first language from the i18n array (should be that return_i18n_languages() - then get first value)
Oh dear,
this sounds like hungarian to me ;-)

Sorry, could you be a little bit more explicit?

Thank you
SoHo
So I tried the plugin and it works fine for me without any modification (and it also may replace my custom contact form, never tried it and it really looks good Big Grin )

Tried it with single contact page and 3 separate for each language and works fine, I'll have to check if I did some modifications to gsconfig or htaccess
Hi morvy,
yes, this plugin works fine and it looks great. My problem is not a big one but I would like to solve it however.

I guess, the EN language translation file has a higher priority than DE or RU in the script where the languages are embedded. But I don´t know where. In other CMS you can indicate the priority of language files. But in GetSimple I couldn´t find such parameters.

Best,
SoHo
You can define main language for i18n, so it shows that language as default and switches to other only if the browser indicates language that is present in GS ..or, when you switch manually
Hi morvy,
i defined the website language in the general settings as de_DE.
The "Language of all pages with URLs without language code (like "index")" is set to "de" as well.

There are no other parameters I could find. And inspite of these settings the form is shown in EN. Only when I click on the language selector it switches to DE.

Here is the URL: www.russischprofi.de

Best,
SoHo
I just checked it with Firefox where I have "de" as first language and the page loaded with DE as default. In Vivaldi I have "en" and it loaded EN as default. Only thing I would change is the setlang .. make it russischprofi.de/en/kontakt and add all variations to header (Google will love you Big Grin )

if you want to set default language independent of user preferred language, use this: define('I18N_IGNORE_USER_LANGUAGE',true);
Hi there,
the problem still exists. I use the plugin GetSimple contact on a page with three languages DE EN RU.

The default language is DE. <html lang="de-DE">

When I click from the home page to Kontakt, the page itself is in DE, the form is in EN. In all three language versions of the page, I call the form with [sc_form].
Is there a possibility to define the language in this tag, e.g. [sc_form?lang=de-DE] or something like that?

Best,
SoHo
This is screenshot from my computer, all 3 languages look fine to me. Did you set default i18n language in gsconfig ? because when I first visit your website, I get english version, not german. My lang preferences are SK > CZ > EN > FR > DE > RU. After clicking language, everything changes to correct language as you can see below