Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just about to upload a Moon Top Nursery Theme
Morning

It's my first theme and after years of using opensource I wanted to give a little something back.

It's called Moon Top Nursery

Hope you all like it.
the link to this forum-topic on the extend page is wrong(404). Should be:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=8417

You're not supposed to put the whole GS installation in the theme zip file (as you did), only the folder of your theme.

For the rest I did not test it yet.
(2016-05-17, 05:56:11)datiswous Wrote: the link to this forum-topic on the extend page is wrong(404). Should be:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=8417

You're not supposed to put the whole GS installation in the theme zip file (as you did), only the folder of your theme.

For the rest I did not test it yet.

Thanks Datiswous, will fix the link
There are still more files and folders added than the base theme folder. It might overwrite users own files. It would be best to specify what extra files are incorperated and for what reason.

The theme folder is named Foundation instead of the actual theme name.

It does not have a screenshot included (although this is optional).
I removed this theme, but left your entry, so you do not have to redo it.
Please reupload a proper zip file of just the theme folder and change that folder name to something unique and matching the theme name.

And change your password on your site !
You uploaded your entire site as a zip.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-05-18, 01:53:56)shawn_a Wrote: I removed this theme, but left your entry, so you do not have to redo it.
Please reupload a proper zip file of just the theme folder and change that folder name to something unique and matching the theme name.

And change your password on your site !
You uploaded your entire site as a zip.

Many thanks Shawn

I've looked at the distinctive theme and tried to include the same file structure as that.

Any further advice or help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
I don't know what you are doing but your zip file is including source folders.
get rid of the data and theme folders, look at innovation.

The actual theme should be the only folder in the zip

And edit the title before uploading, you left the "removed" in there

install 7-zip
right click on MoonTopNursery folder add to zip.

MoonTopNursery/
screenshot.png

is all that goes in there
Hi Shawn,

Have removed the file in Extend for now. What I wanted to do was provide some dummy content and images for the user within GS. As you are saying I can't include additional folders, how would I achieve this?

Many thanks
You can provide a subfolder inside your theme that they can manually copy things out of.
Or you can add a script, but it is usually recommended to not mess with peoples installs.

Provide instructions and let them create or move these things.

you can add a subfolder to your theme called samples or something then have the structure inside that with a read me or something.
Thanks again for the reply.

As part of the design I included several components. I think I'll have to rethink this. I thought maybe components could be transferred in a similar way to site migration.

No worries though, I'll redo the design and include the samples folder as suggested.
Yeah theme registered components is a problem, and no decent way exists to do it, although some themes have clever scripts to add them to the components xml file, they also broke my installs once because the code was bad.