Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user to CMS's Needs help
I'm at the edit page window. It shows an image I added. I want to add text below the image. I cannot. If I click return the image disappears. I did the ten minute tutorial and the same thing happened - as explained in the tutorial I deleted the existing content and then tried to add content below the image and couldn't. If i attempt to click the curser beneath the image the image the image seems to put itself in a frame with a scroll bar because i guess clicking below the image for some reason initiates this. And then beneath that "body" and "p" appear. Clicking on p fpr example highlights the picture - put focus on it, maybe because the image is in <p> tags(?) - don't understand the utility of all this...

With some effort I can type text above the image bit never below it. As in the 10 min tutorial, preesing return invariably deletes the image altogether. I'm at a loss to understand the editor's behavior here. Please help. I tried source option but if I have to write gobs of source what's the point of a CMS?

Also how is a user/editor with minimal knowlegde of coding and the CMS details going to edit content? My aim to have it so a user/writer/content editor can just go in there a edit. But right now Getsimple seems more like a site builder app and not a content manager. What don't I understand? How do I add content beneath the image?

Thanks
(2016-05-26, 13:26:57)leegold Wrote: I'm at the edit page window. It shows an image I added. I want to add text below the image.

There are a host of problems with some of the editing features of Ckedit - the image formatting is probably the most error riddled.  Supposedly many of the issues have been fixed with the very latest version of GS with the updated Ckedtor but I have held off trying it until more bugs are worked out by other people.

Whenever I have to format a picture, its link, or the text around it, I  **ALWAYS** switch to the raw code edit mode and insert html the old fashion way (text). You will also notice that image hyperlinks may be erased and <p> are inserted despite your wishes. The only way around this is to switch to the text mode.

Any attempt to edit a image in the WYSIWYG  will delete previous customization and return the image format to the default Ckedit settings - be warned... just edit images in text mode!
Thanks,
jwzumwalt
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
To remove the tag <p> around the image Martin made a small plugin, I do not know why he was not kept in the repository.
http://getsimplecms.ru/plaginy-dlya-gets...-premover/
If a paragraph has a picture but no text, the tag will be removed.
You are supposed to you that magicline that pops up to add inline after an inline element, if you cannot get the cursor in between it should showup. but normally I can just move the cursor and hit enter.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
What browser are you using, I have no problems with images, either editing them, or entering newlines after them.
have you even tried

define('GSEDITOROPTIONS',
"enterMode: CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR
)

Although i have no problem even with the p mode and have no need to set this.

Are you having issues only with images wrapped in links ?
I also have no problems with that either.

Here is a 12mb gif movie
gif of me and images

you guys are gonna have to explain better what the problem is, what browser, what theme.
Use a default install, default theme, no editor.css for example and provide reproducible problems.

You can even goto ckeditor working demo, and play there and see if it is specific to you or gs, or something else you are putting in your source that is causing this problem. ( I assume you guys are using stable 3.3.9 )
(2016-05-27, 01:25:57)shawn_a Wrote: What browser are you using, I have no problems with images, either editing them, or entering newlines after them.
have you even tried

)

Although i have no problem even with the p mode and have no need to set this.

Firefox ESR 38.8.0

)

What is this above?

Are you having issues only with images wrapped in links ?
I also have no problems with that either.

I'm just doing the 10 min tutorial and then try simplest content creation based on the tut.

It didn't work  in the tutorial! Others are hinting at the same issue. But I'm just trying the simplest stuff here...

--- - - - -

Here is a 12mb gif movie
gif of me and images

you guys are gonna have to explain better what the problem is, what browser, what theme.
Use a default install, default theme, no editor.css for example and provide reproducible problems.

You can even goto ckeditor working demo, and play there and see if it is specific to you or gs, or something else you are putting in your source that is causing this problem. ( I assume you guys are using stable 3.3.9 )
What tutorial? Is there a ckeditor tutorial in our wiki?
What gs version?

What theme?
That would be the 10 minute tutorials note wiki, yes
http://get-simple.info/wiki/ten_minute_web_site
still no problem, i will try to test on firefox, maybe try another browser and see if it behaves the same ?
What plugins installed and activated?
Leegold, when you say "the image seems to put itself in a frame with a scroll bar", do you mean that it opens up in a separate/'popup' window entitled Image Properties?

EDIT:
So sorry, it didn't all click for me until after I hit submit.

The images are inline. You need to click after the image, so the image is not highlighted and then hit Enter (or shift+Enter) to start typing beneath the image.  If you are having trouble getting the image to .. un-highlight (?) then use your arrow key to move the cursor behind the image and you can hit enter without deleting the image you've inserted.

Whether you choose to hit Enter or Shift+Enter depends on your "GSEDITOROPTIONS" mentioned in posts above.

By default (if you've not changed anything in your config file) you would hit Shift+Enter to add text (a caption) directly below the picture, keeping it in the same paragraph as the picture.  Unfortunately (and rather surprisingly) this editor doesn't allow you to add a proper caption under a picture  so you end up having to fake it. (I made a Content Template that allows my client to add [an image with caption] that'll float right or left to solve this issue. It's not ideal but it is something)

To simply go on to a new paragraph you would hit Enter (again, if your config setting is still the default one)

If your editor toolbar has the Show Blocks button you can click that one and you'll be able to see what's happening with the <p> tags better (including the fact that yes, the image your are having trouble with is the only thing in a that paragraph).
It could also be the styling in your theme editor.css messing up the cke behavior, change theme to test or remove the editor.css file from it.
YUP! That was my first thought as well, but there isn't an editor.css in the 10 minute tutorial theme.