Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Search Widgets
Search Widgets expands the possibilities of i18n_search and i18n_specialpages plugins. This plugin can be used to create advanced content filtering systems (catalogs or other content) similar to those which used by specialized e-commerce CMS (like PrestaShop, Magento, ZenCart and others).

Plugin uses the jQuery scripts set from JPList Data Grid Controls bundle. This is a flexible jQuery plugin for sorting, pagination and filtering of any HTML structure (DIVs, UL/LI, tables, etc). Any used in this plugin JPList scripts are completely free and provided under the MIT license.
A detailed description and operating instructions are given on the plugin settings page (tab Pages).
Plugin widgets use jQuery versions from 1.7 and above, so sorting, filtering, and other actions performed without the active page refresh.
Search Widgets allows you to create the following filters types:
  1. Checkbox - creates widgets for filtering of any HTML structure by text using group of checkboxes as well as single element. Supports OR logic inside group. Supports AND logic between different groups. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
  2. Radio buttons - creates widgets for filtering of any HTML structure by jQuery path using group of radio buttons. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
  3. Dropdown - creates widgets for filtering of any HTML structure by jQuery path. The control has UL/LI layout and it can be easily customized using CSS. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
  4. Range Slider - creates widgets for filtering of any HTML structure by range of values using jQuery UI range slider. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
  5. Textbox Filter Control - creates widget for filtering of any HTML structure by text entered by user. Works on KeyUp / input event or on button click. Finds all items that contain, start or end with the given input. The control supports 'and', 'or', 'not' operators. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
Search Widgets allows you to create the following sorting control:
  • Sort Dropdown - creates widget for sorting of any HTML structure. The control has UL/LI layout and it can be easily customized using CSS. Ascending and descending sorting. Alphanumeric and numeric sorting. Sorting by date and time. Double / Multiple Sorting. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
Search Widgets allows you to create the following pagination controls:
  • Pagination Control - creates widgets for automatic pagination. The control can be easily customized using CSS. Supports "Google like" pagination mode. Sorting. Supports deep links. Fully customizable styles.
Search Widgets allows you to create the following reset control:
  • Reset Button - creates widget that resets the page to its initial state. Fully customizable styles.
More detailed description in English, Lithuanian and Russian and downloadable sources can be find on my site (see it LIVE):
http://pigios-svetaines.eu/projects/eshop-ra/
Hello .. Good evening.

Great job!

I am Brazilian and I have a little trouble with programming.

I created a special page called "p-imovel."
Custom fields created -> Purpose and the purposes created the fields for venda, locação and temporada.

I tried to use the extend, but had no success Sad.
Could you please provide the repository of a running system?

Thank you for your attention, follows the page I am trying to customize.

http://software.iblogger.org/buscar
(2016-05-28, 11:00:36)Carrara Wrote: I tried to use the extend, but had no success Sad.
Could you please provide the repository of a running system?

Thank you for your attention, follows the page I am trying to customize.

http://software.iblogger.org/buscar

Hello, Carrara.
See my original article above. There, a reference to the site where realized a demonstration of the e-shop with a catalog. For catalog filtration is used Search Widgets plugin.
In this site also has detailed description and instructions for use. And as well as Demo data structure, which you can download for educational purposes.
So in this source you will find many answers to your questions.
Good luck.
Thank you,

I really tried to use, just can not implement.
Good afternoon Sad
(2016-05-29, 05:52:38)Carrara Wrote: Thank you,

I really tried to use, just can not implement.
Good afternoon Sad

Do not be angry, but..
If you want personal assistance - best to write personally (to PM).
Because in order to help in a given situation, I need more information from your.
But lack of full information on what you want to do and from what kind of data sources - I could answer only superficially.

I want to help you personally in all way but my free time is also limited.
Good lauck. Andrejus.
Plugin looks very promising, but refuse to work for me too.

I try and try with no results ...

Seems like you missed something in your instructions/documentation ... or has something hardcoded in your site that is missing in the plugin, since it function great in your site ....
  • I use a bootsrap theme with Jquery (1.86) call in the head section
  • All I18N plugins are installed and are working fine.
  • Page theme has a call to the Search_widgets  :
    <p><?php get_search_widgets(array("addSearchBox"=>"city", "Placeholder"=>"City")); ?></p>
  • I has a special page called - dentalclinic ( it's fields are: smpic , phone , fax , address, email , website , city , specialties , etc' )
  • Parent page of those special pages is dental-clinics .
  • search code in the parent is  -  (% searchresults live=1 addTags=_parent_dental-clinics HEADER="" lang=en %)
  • I am not using your basket plugin .
Still - Search_widgets is not working: results are not filtered, search is not working etc'
(2016-07-24, 21:05:09)In tTzvook Wrote: Plugin looks very promising, but refuse to work for me too.

I try and try with no results ...

Seems like you missed something in your instructions/documentation ... or has something hardcoded in your site that is missing in the plugin, since it function great in your site ....

• I use a bootsrap theme with Jquery (1.86) call in the head section
  • All I18N plugins are installed and are working fine.
  • Page theme has a call to the Search_widgets  :
    <p><?php get_search_widgets(array("addSearchBox"=>"city", "Placeholder"=>"City")); ?></p>
  • I has a special page called - dentalclinic ( it's fields are: smpic , phone , fax , address, email , website , city , specialties , etc' )
  • Parent page of those special pages is dental-clinics .
  • search code in the parent is  -  (% searchresults live=1 addTags=_parent_dental-clinics HEADER="" lang=en %)
  • I am not using your basket plugin .
Still - Search_widgets is not working: results are not filtered, search is not working etc'

Yes you are right.
If the plugin "Basket plugin MOD" is not used are several settings to be followed.
You have to including "Search_widgets" plugin elements and i18n search formed structure within the HTML DIV element with the ID name "search-outer".
In example, your code must be between DIV element like that:

Code:
<div id="search-outer">

<p>(% get_search_widgets addSearchBox="city" Placeholder="Search by City" %)</p>

<p>(% searchresults live=1 addTags=_parent_dental-clinics HEADER="" lang=en %)</p>
</div>

This code valued if you use plugin "Dynpages".
If you are forming search field by insirting PHP code in the template file, do it between div with ID "search-outer". Similarly:

Code:
<div id="search-outer">
  <?php get_search_widgets(array("addSearchBox"=>"city", "Placeholder"=>"City")); ?>
  <?php searchresults(array('addTags'=>'_parent_dental-clinics','lang'=>'en', 'HEADER'=>'')); ?>
</div>

You can also add an ID "search-outer" to your already used primary DIV, like that:

Code:
<div id="search-outer" class="container">
<?php get_search_widgets(array("addSearchBox"=>"city", "Placeholder"=>"City")); ?>
<?php searchresults(array('addTags'=>'_parent_dental-clinics','lang'=>'en', 'HEADER'=>'')); ?>
</div>

Sorry for the inconvenience. Nearest time I plan to update the "Search_widgets" plugin.
In the new version can be specified in outer DIV ID custom name (by adding a new field in the administration page). I also adding description about outer DIV usage rules.

Until then try my described method.
Good luck. Andrejus.
(2016-07-26, 04:20:30)Sorry for the inconvenience. Nearest time I plan to update the "Search_widgets" plugin. Wrote: In the new version can be specified in outer DIV ID custom name (by adding a new field in the administration page). I also adding description about outer DIV usage rules.

Until then try my described method.
Good luck. Andrejus.

10X Andrejus for your reply, but still no go ...
now the search results got hidden ...
(2016-07-26, 05:54:48)Tzvook Wrote: 10X Andrejus for your reply, but still no go ...

The broader assistance I can give you when saw your site structure.
I can try on my localhost today with new GS instalation and instructions which I have given above and on my site search field works as needed.
So if you can - give me your site address (write me to PM).
(2016-07-26, 06:23:32)asemion Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 05:54:48)Tzvook Wrote: 10X Andrejus for your reply, but still no go ...

The broader assistance I can give you when saw your site structure.
I can try on my localhost today with new GS instalation and instructions which I have given above and on my site search field works as needed.
So if you can - give me your site address (write me to PM).

I'm using a host file to reach the site since it's supposed to replace an existing site... so it's not reachable ...
I'll transfer it to a sub-domain, but it'll take a few hours ..
(2016-07-26, 06:47:46)Tzvook Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 06:23:32)asemion Wrote: So if you can - give me your site address (write me to PM).
PM was sent ...
Plugin upgraded to new version.
Search Widgets ver 0.2
Changes:
1. The plugin administration area has been moved to the tab "Commerce".
2. To the administration page add new field: "Filters panel class name". With these field, you can set class name for the Panel outer element, in which located filters.
3. jPList - jQuery Data Grid Controls scripts bundle upgraded to the new version: 5.2.0.287.