Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Components Extended [v0.9.3]
The plugin promises to be very useful, I don't understand why it does not work for me.
(2016-06-14, 05:22:09)Tyblitz Wrote: Eg if you had the following:

PHP Code:
<?php get_ext_component($slug, array(

'greet' => 'Hello',

'name'  => 'world'
)); ?>
In your extended component you could do:

PHP Code:
<?php echo $params->greet ' ' $params->name '!'?>

And it would output: 'Hello world!'.

That's really funny, because all this is easy to achieve with ItemManager, in just 2 lines, even without use exec():
[Image: ext_component.png?dl=1]

Code:
$sidebarContent = imanager()->getItem('name=components', 'slug=sidebar_inc')->fields->content->value;
echo imanager()->getTemplateEngine()->render($sidebarContent, array('first_name' => 'Dieter', 'last_name' => 'Bohlen'));

The output might look like this:

Code:
<div class='sidebar'>
    <h3>This is my Sidebar:</h3>
    <p>My Name is: Dieter Bohlen</p>
</div>

No offence-but has your effort really paid off? ;-)
These are php components, not a some parsed tokenized template like itemnanager, not even the same thing.

How do you do logic blocks in itemmanager ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
just as you do, exec()?
However, practically in most of the cases an exec call is absolutely unnecessary
Hey Bigin, yes I'm aware that ItemManager can do this and much more (btw I18n special pages also has this feature), but that's exactly the point.
Components Extended is just an extension, which, in contrast to a full-blown plugin, only slightly augments the functionality. It comes down to what your needs are: having a little more flexible components or a management tool for webshops/ complex solutions.
Yeah gs uses exec in core for components, so who cares.
If you want templated snippets, this will probably be augmented in 3.4 with the snippets and output filtering functionality.
(2016-06-23, 02:25:21)Tyblitz Wrote: Components Extended is just an extension, which, in contrast to a full-blown plugin, only slightly augments the functionality. It comes down to what your needs are: having a little more flexible components or a management tool for webshops/ complex solutions.

Yes! that is a good point, this is precisely why I didn't like to use many various plugins and prefer a single one flexible plugin, as a Swiss army knife combined single tools ;-)
When I activate this plugin (v0.7.1):
  • I can't deactivate any plugins anymore.
  • GS custom settings doesn't work anymore.
  • When I edit a component and save I get an Error: undefined

Didn't have these issues with version 0.1
apparently there's no support for this. I installed it on a new GS installation and it happened again.
(2016-09-09, 19:29:30)datiswous Wrote: apparently there's no support for this. I installed it on a new GS installation and it happened again.

Hey datiswous, 

I did start working on an update but haven't had the time to finish it.
I know what causes the "Error: undefined" but the 2 other problems (Custom Settings & unable to deactivate plugins), no idea. 
I also found that install via GS Plugin Installer gave problems (that plugin gives me mixed results). So I removed it and reinstalled. Maybe that problem is connected.

What has to be removed in data section etc. to do a 100% full cleanup?
This plugin breaks all ajax on site.

Why do you have code blocks in global scope ?

// if it's an AJAX request
bunch of stuff that should not be running all the time!!!!!!
(2016-09-12, 20:20:02)datiswous Wrote: What has to be removed in data section etc. to do a 100% full cleanup?

Just removing the data/components/ directory.

@shawn I know I need to rewrite the security part, but I need at least one day off to dive back in and I've not had much time lately.
It Just wrap it in a conditional for whatever page and action it is supposed to be running on.
I am assuming component submit?
(2016-09-12, 20:20:02)datiswous Wrote: What has to be removed in data section etc. to do a 100% full cleanup?

Just removing the data/components/ directory.
At last, here is the long-awaited update. Hope most if not all the bugs will be solved with this.

V0.8 release  2016-09-24

- Added 2 sort options (by modified & created date)
- Made .htaccess compatible with Apache 2.4 mod_authz_core
- Fix initial transfer from components.xml to include author & created dt.
- Codemirror is now enabled by default
- Fix AJAX issues
- Fix minor JS issues (dynamic update UI, notification error, console log).
- Fix NL translation
really everything works, cheers Smile
After you remove a component is not updated. Only updated after adding something.

Links in the components look like.
http://prntscr.com/cmb3k5
This message does not change.
http://prntscr.com/cmb45e
(2016-09-26, 07:05:14)Oleg06 Wrote: After you remove a component is not updated. Only updated after adding something.

Links in the components look like.
http://prntscr.com/cmb3k5
This message does not change.
http://prntscr.com/cmb45e

Hey Oleg, 
If you delete a component that is also present in components.xml, yes it's normal, the plugin re-imports it.
As for the user not changing, I will investigate that.
Some more bugfixes. Additionally if you delete a component it will also be removed from the original components.xml; and if you deactivate the plugin, all the existing extended component files will be merged back into components.xml.

V0.9 release  2017-02-21 | Download

- Fix escape characters '\' from duplicating (in links and quotes)
- Minor NL translation fix
- Extended components are now mapped back to components.xml on plugin deactivation.
- When an extended component is now deleted, and a component with the same slug
  exists in components.xml, this one will be deleted too.
Hello Tyblitz,

installed your plugin and suddenly, components don't work anymore, i get the message:

getFiles: Unable to open [...]/htdocs/data/components/

After disabling the plugin, the whole site is broken.
I had to delete your plugin via FTP to get my side back working.
Cheers.
Shasaar
(2017-05-07, 22:25:29)Shasaar Wrote: Hello Tyblitz,

installed your plugin and suddenly, components don't work anymore, i get the message:

Cheers.
Shasaar

I had this today as well. It seems that in certain occasions when activating the plugin it changes permissions for components folder to 001.
(2018-01-31, 23:54:08)datiswous Wrote:
(2017-05-07, 22:25:29)Shasaar Wrote: Hello Tyblitz,

Cheers.
Shasaar

I had this today as well. It seems that in certain occasions when activating the plugin it changes permissions for components folder to 001.

Hey datiswous, I'm late to this but can you still reproduce?
It seems impossible that it would break the whole site as the only folders it accesses is /data/components/.
However to be compatible with GS it also execs the hook 'component-save'. Do you have other plugins that use this hook? Does it change anything if you remove this line (line 188, components_ext/components_ext.class.php)?

I might have an idea to at least not make it break the whole site, but without further detail it's kinda hard (and testing folder permissions on Windows sucks). I also noticed a bug with some sort options so I'll release a small bugfix soon

Thx, Ty
Hello, I don't know how to reproduce this (I just tried a bunch of things). I should have documented what I did (I think I did a standard install though). If it happens again, I will post it again.

Have you subscribed to this thread?

Be sure to update the version number with the next update:
It still says 0.8 on line 9 in components_ext/components_ext.class.php