Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTML Editor and Fancy URLs
Hi

I've just moved my site from localhost to a server following the instructions in this post: http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=844.

Now when I select 'Use Fancy URLs' and 'Enable the HTML editor' and save the settings it appears to save them but it actually doesn't. If I go to use the HTML editor it's not available, fancy URLs aren't working, and when I return to the general settings page 'Use Fancy URLs' and 'Enable the HTML editor' are unchecked again.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks
Siom
Siom Wrote:Hi

I've just moved my site from localhost to a server following the instructions in this post: http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=844.

Now when I select 'Use Fancy URLs' and 'Enable the HTML editor' and save the settings it appears to save them but it actually doesn't. If I go to use the HTML editor it's not available, fancy URLs aren't working, and when I return to the general settings page 'Use Fancy URLs' and 'Enable the HTML editor' are unchecked again.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks
Siom

Have you confirmed all permissions are set correctly?
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
You might have to change the CHMOD of the folders you moved over. The standard CHMOD only allows the creator to edit the files, the creator being the server. If you switch server, in some cases, the internal creator has a different name. If this is the case GetSimple is no longer allowed to edit its own files.

CHMOD 777 will always allow GetSimple to get in and edit the data files again. I’ve read some people said you can CHMOD them back after GetSimple has edited the files, but experiences with this vary.

I hope you’ll get this solved!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Siom,

Did you test your fresh GetSimple install in your live server before moving your localhost files?