Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takes 3 minutes to log in
It takes me literally 3 minutes to log in to admin (I timed it). Other than that, pages load instantly, it's not that the whole site is slow.

Maybe is there something settings.php is trying to do for 3 minutes before giving up and allowing the page to load?

GS 3.3.10

no additional themes or plugins
no logs showing anything
Turn on nocdn
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
nocdn was already turned on (by me, during post install configuring)

I tried turning it off before logging in today but it made no difference so I turned it back on.

The 3 minute login only happens I think once per day. After the initial long login, logging in is always instant. I tried deleting the site cookies from my browser to induce the delay but that doesn't work, it logs in instantly.

I guess tomorrow I will try safe mode in case some browser add-on is causing this.

But I suspect it's being caused by the yellow exclamation point on the settings button (being the site attempting to do a getsimple version upgrade check and failing, which, I guess it only does once per day??, because in the health check is says "Upgrade Check Failed !" Is that possible?
Yeah that was my next suggestion some versions of curl have shit timeouts or ignore the ones we set.
Noversioncheck
Gsnovercheck?
I tried safe mode today, it didn't help.

Ah, yeah, I thought I read something about being able to turn off the version check, but then I couldn't find it again, thanks! I will try GSNOVERCHECK and see if it fixes it over the next couple days.
PHP Code:
# Disable header version check
define('GSNOVERCHECK'true); 
I can now confirm that disabling the version check solved the problem. Thanks!

(btw, how about the crazy amount of views this thread has? lol...)
Other threads are showing that as well, could be bots