Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have email account details to be entered?
Dear Readers,

I'm new to Getsimple CMS. I managed to set up a webiste on my local server and wanted to create a custom contact form with the plugin p01-contact.

This plugin provides no fields to enter the password and the port for my SMTP account at t-online.de. Therefore I concluded that the respective fields for the entry have to be within the core of GetSimple CMS.
But I can't find them.

What have I missed?

(The plugin GetSimple Contact provides these fields to enter my SMTP account details. Does that mean that the plugin p01-contact is dependent on the plugin GetSimple Contact and both have to be installed?)

Best regards
it probably uses the default php sendmail, you can configure it from php using ini files, and specify the user in gsconfig.php
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-07-31, 09:16:28)shawn_a Wrote: it probably uses the default php sendmail, you can configure it from php using ini files, and specify the user in gsconfig.php

Dear shawn_a,

thank you very much for your kind answer. I need PHPmailer for testing purposes so I try to switch to the plugin called "Contact Form", which is already also putting obstacles in my way leading to a hopefully working and customizable contact form.
Believe or not, I tried GetSimple CMS for I wanted a quicker way to get to a working webpage than by using Drupal 7, but in certain use cases GetSimple CMS is as cryptic to me as is Drupal 7. The difference is that with Drupal you find lots of hints on the web. With GetSimple CMS I can only hope that experienced users or even developers offer some advice. So now I head over to the "Contact Form" forum and seek there help and advice.

Best regards and thank you gain for your answer.
honestly i have no idea how a particular plugin sends mail, that would be up to the plugin developer, so good luck checking in the plugins forum.

contact plugins are never of good quality anywhere
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix