Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] [newbie] How to publish new page?
Hello

I got GS up and running on a test host and created a new page, but... how do I actually publish it?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4863/...ublish.jpg

The homepage wasn't updated after I hit "Save Updates". Playing with the options in the Page Options section didn't work.

The documentation doesn't seem to contain instructions on to create/update pages.

FYI, I don't know if it's related, but when I select Theme > Generate Sitemap, GS displays an error message: "Error: Your sitemap could not be generated". However, /admin/support.php > Website Health Check doesn't display any error (all lines are green).

Thank you.
Click on the "add to menu " button and the new page should show in the menu.

Alternatively add a link on one of your existing pages to "http://yoursite/slugname" where slugname is on the page options and is unique for each page on your site.

Not sure about the sitemap problem i'm afraid.

Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Thanks Mike. I thought that GS was a blog application so expected a new article to be added and displayed above the default "Welcome to GetSimple!", not as an item in the menu bar.

Is this how GS does work, in which case it's not the right tool to build a blog?
Out of curiosity, does it mean that new pages can only be added in the menu, next to HOME? If that's the case, what happens after adding a few pages and the menu bar is full?
You’ll need to get your own theme, or switch to a drop-down menu. The original goal of GetSimple was to supply people with a CMS for easy brochure-like websites. We might have grown a little bit past that concept now, though.

Maybe one of these days the default theme is going to need to get more menu space..?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks Zegnåt for the info.