Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Pretty URLs not working (page not found error)
Greetings Simple folk,

Firstly please allow me to congratulate you on the quality of the software and also the quality of the community that has grown around it.

I volunteered to put together a website for my masonic lodge; and because I want others to be able to edit and add content, also because it may help others to deploy their own website quickly and easily, I decided to use CMS rather than HTML, which would have been more than adequate if I was going to be the only admin. With editing able to be performed by anybody who can use a word processor though, GetSimple was too good not to check out.

I am having a battle getting pretty URLs to work and receiving an error when clicking on links. I have tried any hints I could find on the forums, that I understood the instructions for, to no avail. I really need to get this going ASAP as our secretary is hostile towards the idea of a website, and is obstructing me in order to see me fail. I need to chalk up a success as they have been few and far between in recent years.

Here are some details that may be of assistance:
  •  Client side is an old Dell laptop with Linux Mint Debian 64 bit, based on Jessie, updated and latest version installed. 
  • Browser is Gnome "Web" (the old Epiphany)
  • Server side is a prebuilt Turnkey LAMP VM image, based on Jessie, once again, and running in VirtualBox 4.3, sitting on the same Dell laptop. 
  • GetSimple is version 3.3.11, sitting in a sub-directory of the WWW directory, as I was going to trial several CMS, but soon realised that I wasn't going to find a better one. It can be moved back to the root directory if I can sort out the links.
 Plugins installed and enabled at some stage (all currently disabled):
  • anonymous_data.php
  • calendar.php
  • cbcontact_form.php
  • font_resize.php 
  • GSCkeRelativeUrls.php
  • i18n_base.php
  • i18n_navigation.php
  • InnovationPlugin.php
  • links_manager.php
  • Modern Admin
  • pageoptions_auto_open.php
 Theme
Please note that I'm a self taught computer user with a fair bit of experience, but know nothing of coding, and very little of GetSimple. Also I am recovering from burnout and PTSD symptoms, and it is early days, so my cognitive and memory functions are not the greatest.

Many thanks if you made it this far, I appreciate the time you have taken to read my post. I already typed this twice and the browser locked up on me both times, so I lost what I had written. This time I am using a text editor.

Kind regards,
Rog
fancy urls is literally just a rewrite in the main htaccess file

none of what you provided is of any use for this problem.

what is the error, 404 ?
what do the paths look like
what is the content of your htaccess file, location of install
what is in your error logs

did you check the rewrite base in your htaccess file ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-09-08, 23:54:09)shawn_a Wrote: fancy urls is literally just a rewrite in the main htaccess file

none of what you provided is of any use for this problem.

what is the error, 404 ?
what do the paths look like
what is the content of your htaccess file, location of install
what is in your error logs

did you check the rewrite base in your htaccess file ?
Thanks for the prompt response, it is late here and I will follow your suggestions tomorrow.