Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM "Authentication required" pop up on two pages
Running GS 3.3.13 (just upgraded from 3.3.10 a few minutes ago - it didn't resolve the issue)
Windows server, domain.com hosting
PHP version 5.2.132

This site has no private pages, no log in should be required for any page.  When site was first launched in July 2016 there were no problems with any pages.

Recently, however, when going to the home page or one other page (Services page), a log in box pops up asking for a username and password.  Clicking "Cancel" closes the box and the pages display normally.  This even happens in the admin editor.  

[Image: problem1.jpg]

[Image: problem2.jpg]

It doesn't matter what browser I use - Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera - the popup box appears (although each browser has its own way of formatting the box).

All other pages load as they should, not requiring a login.

Note that visibility of all pages is set to "Normal" - not "Private" - in the Page Options part of the editor:

[Image: problem3.jpg]

Any ideas or suggestions?
This is not a GS feature, this is probably a apache htaccess directive or a plugin even, but i doubt it.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2016-11-03, 02:30:55)shawn_a Wrote: This is not a GS feature, this is probably a apache htaccess directive or a plugin even, but i doubt it.

Thanks... it's on a Windows server so there are no .htaccess files and I've been unable to reach the host to find out anything from their end.
You will have to look at the actual responses, maybe your server is just sending bad response codes, or has a bad virtual host config, either way its weird, but use your browser tools to check the actual data.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Firebug is your friend here.

It's a GET request for http://transformwc.org/data/uploads/images/sud-tx.jpg that has a 401 response. I have no experience at all with Windows servers, but check the permissions for that file as a starting point.

How did you upload the file? FTP? From within GS?
--
Nick.