Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
PlugIn Contact Form Getsimple
Hi I'm a bit new to all this, I was wondering what I needed to do to remove captcha all together, I know I'll get spam and lots of it but I just want it gone!
djr.heliohost.org/me
Hi devaintfire.
Upload a extend a new version where you can choose if you want captcha (true) or not(false).
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/contact-form/264/

Regards
Hi Forumianers, hi Author,

I installed GS 3.1 and your plugin. Setting captcha to true and mailer class to false/true I get following errors on sending any test mail:

Notice: Undefined index: Message in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 116 Notice: Undefined variable: CONTACT_FORM_SUB in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 136 Notice: Undefined variable: WHO in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 136 Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 530 SMTP authentication is required. in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 169 Notice: Undefined variable: mail in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 227 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 227 Notice: Undefined variable: miarr in C:\ZPanel\hostdata\zadmin\test_com\plugins\contact\comprueba.php on line 253

Any sugestions or ideas on how to fix? Installation reside on a Server 2003 with zPanel (WAMP).

Thax for your great work!

AceLine
Hi AceLine,
i have update a new zip a extend with these bugs fixed.

If you uses phpmailer remember setting data of mail in /contact/comprueba.php

Regards.
Many thanx cumbe for your fast reply. It works now but:

have a look at line 124 and 152 in szenario false,true... (captcha deactivated)
The sending works well but I got some errors on those lines regarding some "pot" and $captcha variable.

Hope you´re ok and send you best regards!

AceLine
ooops... and one more thing:

it seams that you forgot to close two div-tags in the form output. I had to close div two times in template file of contact form.

Best regards!

AceLine
Thanks AceLine for your test.

Update a new version to extend, where i think that these bug are fixed.

Kind regards.
Hi,
I use GetSimple since 4 days. I downloaded the latest version of your plugin. I use the Simplico Template. What exactly do I have to put where so it would work? I'm confused. Thanks for your help.
Hi eisendrath

The contact form must be called so:
< ?php contact_page('nameofuser', true or false ,true or false); ?> (without spaces between < and ?)
in template or in page (if you have exec plugin installed).
- 2nd parameter: CAPTCHA
* by default is true: captcha is used.
* false: captcha does not work.
-3rd parameter: CLASS PHPMAILER
* by default is false: class phpmailer is not used.
* true: class phpmailer is used. You need to complete /contact/comprueba.php. In lines +- 182 to 210. You must edit this file and adjust the configuration for GMAIL or HOTMAIL or ONO. Comment and discomment the part that you need.

If you want to use captcha and you server works with function mail of php, simply you have to write: < ?php contact_page('nameouser'); ?> (without spaces between < and ?)

Regards.
Dear cumbe,

I was able to install the plugin. Problem I have is, I absolutely don't know where I have to put < ?php contact_page('nameofuser', true or false ,true or false); ?> where in the template or page?
Sorry beeing so anxious to know. I read all instructions on the englisch and the german forum, but I don't know where to begin/start adding these codes. Does it have to be in the template.php ? Or in the template folders contact.php?
You have to create a separate template file for your contact page. Copy theme/'yourtheme'/template.php in other file, for example contact_template.php
In contact_template.php, to put the following code: <?php contact_page("nameofusergetsimple"); ?>, where you want that appears the contact form.

You create a page and put like 'page template': contact_template.php.

Regards
Another way: insert this in your template file (where you want the form to be displayed):
Code:
<?php if (return_page_slug()=='the-page') contact_page("nameofusergetsimple"); ?>
Replace the-page by your contact page's slug.
OK! Now I understand. Since I'm not used to php/css as most of you, I need a bit longer than usual to understand. Many thanks to all of you! :-)
Getting the error
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.' in /home/woodr2kg/public_html/plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php:814 Stack trace: #0 /home/woodr2kg/public_html/plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1 /home/woodr2kg/public_html/plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Sat, 14 A...', '--b1_8784d9523f...') #2 /home/woodr2kg/public_html/plugins/contact/comprueba.php(215): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in /home/woodr2kg/public_html/plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php on line 814
Hi andyash,

Remember, that if you use class phpmailer, you need to complete /contact/comprueba.php. In lines +- 182 to 210. You must edit this file and adjust the configuration for GMAIL or HOTMAIL or ONO. Comment and discomment the part that you need.

Regards.
cumbe Wrote:Hi andyash,

Remember, that if you use class phpmailer, you need to complete /contact/comprueba.php. In lines +- 182 to 210. You must edit this file and adjust the configuration for GMAIL or HOTMAIL or ONO. Comment and discomment the part that you need.

Regards.

I did.
Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.

I think that there are some data of configuration wrong, username, or pass, or SMTsecure...
cumbe Wrote:
Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.

I think that there are some data of configuration wrong, username, or pass, or SMTsecure...

No idea what could be wrong.
has password odd characters like percentage signs(%)?

I have read that this can cause an error of: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.
I'm getting a similar error message. I have verified the settings multiple times and checked the settings through Outlook.

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in /home/melted/www/htdocs/myitcrm/plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php:820
There's more to the error message, but do to the poorly coded link check script I had to remove half the error message because this form thought I was posting a bunch of links. Shouldn't have even been checking inside of the code tags IMHO.

Tried changing the port settings, tried changing the encryption from TLS to SSL and back and forth.

I have tried two separate accounts in my google controlled email server, both admin@jamespruitt.com and noreply@jamespruitt.com fail. I have verified that the mail server is still smtp.gmail.com but I have tried mail.jamespruitt.com and smtp.jamespruitt.com just to rule those out.
Same error for me :
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in /mnt/../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php:820 Stack trace: #0
/mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1
/mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Thu, 5 Ju...', '--b1_7ce8470415...') #2
/mnt/.../plugins/contact/comprueba.php(220): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in /mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php on line 820
madvic Wrote:Same error for me :
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in /mnt/../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php:820 Stack trace: #0
/mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1
/mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Thu, 5 Ju...', '--b1_7ce8470415...') #2
/mnt/.../plugins/contact/comprueba.php(220): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in /mnt/.../plugins/PHPMailer_v5.1/class.phpmailer.php on line 820

Just a quick update, I found a fix for my error. Turns out another server admin had been running updates and some other installs and SSL support in the php configuration had been turned off. Turned it on and everything worked like a charm. Hope this helps.
Thanks melted349 for the solution. I did not know it.

Regards.
Hi, need some help - everything works fine, except one problem, I've been editing 'comprueba.php' and can't find in this fragment;

$headers = "From: ".$from."\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: ".$from."\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 \r\n";

a matching variable that will actually when I get the e-mail show the e-mail that the user put in the form, I'm either blind or haven't had enough coffee Smile

EDIT:

$headers = "From: ".$_POST['contact'][$tr_cont['Em']]."\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: ".$_POST['contact'][$tr_cont['Em']]."\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 \r\n";

does the job.
I have been using this form and it works well. My customer says she can't hit Reply though when she gets an email from the site and has to copy and paste the sender's email address. Is that working as intended?

I have restyled it a bit to make a popup contact form. I don't know how to link to it directly from this forum but the link is a text link 'email form' in the sidebar of this page. I made it work at any width and the layout is I hope tidier and more logical.

Cumbe - I will make you a new English language file, there are just one or two words which are unnatural. Thanks for the great work!