Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
PlugIn Contact Form Getsimple
Hi, everyone!

I've just installed the Contact Form, but the captcha doesn't get loaded. After checking the Get requests I've found that plugins/cbcontact/img_cpt.php, wich as I could see is the one in charge of generating the captcha image, is returning a 404 error. I think it must be due to a .htaccess misconfiguration, but I'm not sure...

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi ferchosj

Check that GD library is installed.
Could you say me by private what is the web?.

Regards
Great plugin! Works fantastic. I can see from digging through the directories that there are different versions with different appearances. I do not see any selector to change to one of those different settings. Is this something in the works, or do I need to edit a file to call one of the alternative appearance message forms?

Thanks in advance!
Hi SanDiegoWebGuy,

you have to rename the form that you like inside plugins/cbcontact/form/ like cbcontact.php and cbcontact.css

Regards.
Hi Cumbe you form looks good I did't check all features though but looks promising...
I have a error in a log:
PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/theme/pavement/template.php:14) in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/cbcontact_form.php on line 258

in my template.php on line 14 is only : <?php get_i18n_header(); ?>
(2014-08-06, 23:19:34)akd Wrote: Hi Cumbe you form looks good I did't check all features though but looks promising...
I have a error in a log:
PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/theme/pavement/template.php:14) in /Users/akd/Documents/Sites/plugins/cbcontact_form.php on line 258

in my template.php on line 14 is only : <?php get_i18n_header(); ?>

Hi akd,

Download a contact-form with a small modification:
http://cumbe.es/data/uploads/contact-form.zip

Please check if works...

Regards.
Error disappear in log Thanks
I have installed the plug in here http://s511242675.onlinehome.us/index.php?id=contact-me

When I submit a form I do not receive any email. Not sure if I need to edit any other files or if I have not set something up incorrectly.

I am calling the form on the page using:
(% cbcontact user,true,false,'',email,user%)
on my contact page

I am unsure if I need to edit any files for additional information. I do have PHPMailer_v5.1 in the plugins directory, but I now have the parameter that calls it set to false. When I had it set to true I would get the following error even though the folder is in the Plugins directory.
FOLDER PHPMAILER_V5.1 DOES NOT EXIST INSIDE FOLDER PLUGINS OR FILE CLASS.PHPMAILER.PHP IS MISSING.

I am hosting this site at 1and1.com which has php mail available.

I appreciate any help you can provide!!
(2014-08-14, 07:32:49)sarnaiz Wrote: I have installed the plug in here http://s511242675.onlinehome.us/index.php?id=contact-me

When I submit a form I do not receive any email. Not sure if I need to edit any other files or if I have not set something up incorrectly.

I am calling the form on the page using:
(% cbcontact user,true,false,'',email,user%)
on my contact page

I am unsure if I need to edit any files for additional information. I do have PHPMailer_v5.1 in the plugins directory, but I now have the parameter that calls it set to false. When I had it set to true I would get the following error even though the folder is in the Plugins directory.
FOLDER PHPMAILER_V5.1 DOES NOT EXIST INSIDE FOLDER PLUGINS OR FILE CLASS.PHPMAILER.PHP IS MISSING.

I am hosting this site at 1and1.com which has php mail available.

I appreciate any help you can provide!!

R: You don't have that edit any more. Too, you can to call to form so:
(% cbcontact user_of_getsimple %)
If the parameters by default are the choosen you can no call to them.

Remember that user is user of getsimple, and email is a valid email.

Parameters:
- 1r: user of admin
- 2nd parameter: CAPTCHA
* by default is true: captcha is used.
* false: captcha does not work.
-3rd parameter: CLASS PHPMAILER
* by default is false: class phpmailer is not used.
* true: class phpmailer is used. You need to complete /cbcontact/comprueba.php. In lines +- 182 to 210. You must edit this file and adjust the configuration for GMAIL or HOTMAIL or ONO. Comment and discomment the part that you need.
-4rd parameter: return a echo of form or return a string of form
* by default is false. if the form is called from of content of a page it is possible leaves in blank like ''.
* If the form is called from a template then it is necessary writes a true.
-5,6,7... parameters: here are called to users of admin or emails where you want to received email of contact form. You can put as many as you want.

Regarsd
Thank you for this:

I have used that and the form sent with no error messages, but I have no idea where the email went? Where do I add the email for the form recipient? Does it use the email in GS admin settings or do I need to edit a file with that information?
(2014-08-15, 07:35:39)sarnaiz Wrote: Thank you for this:

I have used that and the form sent with no error messages, but I have no idea where the email went? Where do I add the email for the form recipient? Does it use the email in GS admin settings or do I need to edit a file with that information?

R: the email is the same that user of getsimple; in admin > settings you must have a email address.

The log with the forms received is in admin >pages > 'view contactform log'.

If you want to receive on 2 differents emails, you can to call to form like:
(% cbcontact userofgetsimple,true,,,otheremail@xmail.com %)
Of this way will be send the conctac form submitted to 2 email.

Regards.
The plug-in works well, but it has a security problem: The admin email is exposed in a hidden input field in the page source:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[q_email]" value="xxxxx@mydomain.com">

It exposes the address of the admin account. This makes the plug-in not useful when privacy is needed. Since the contact form is posted back to the server, why not look up the admin address after the postback? It would make more sense. I do not know PHP code, or I would do it.
I tried updating from version 5.7 to 5.8.2.1, but the form submission does not work. Clicking button 'Send' appears to reload the page and has no action (no error messages or email sent).

I am running GetSimple 3.3.3.

Plugin is being called in a Theme template file as:
<?php cbcontact_page('admin', true, false, true, 'email.address@gmail.com'); ?>

I have downgraded to 5.7 for now, as I could not troubleshoot. No log files are created and errors do not appear on page in DEBUG mode.
(2014-09-01, 03:41:10)kaborka Wrote: The plug-in works well, but it has a security problem: The admin email is exposed in a hidden input field in the page source:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="contact[q_email]" value="xxxxx@mydomain.com">

It exposes the address of the admin account. This makes the plug-in not useful when privacy is needed. Since the contact form is posted back to the server, why not look up the admin address after the postback? It would make more sense. I do not know PHP code, or I would do it.

Ok, you are right, I did not think about that....
In next version I will fix it.

Regards
(2014-09-01, 09:25:23)indyana Wrote: I tried updating from version 5.7 to 5.8.2.1, but the form submission does not work. Clicking button 'Send' appears to reload the page and has no action (no error messages or email sent).

I am running GetSimple 3.3.3.

Plugin is being called in a Theme template file as:
<?php cbcontact_page('admin', true, false, true, 'email.address@gmail.com'); ?>

I have downgraded to 5.7 for now, as I could not troubleshoot. No log files are created and errors do not appear on page in DEBUG mode.

I have to check with gs 3.3.3; with gs 3.3.2 I have not any problem.

Regards.
(2010-08-11, 05:57:58)marrco Wrote: i'm using your plugin with the newest GS build. It works fine, thank you !

Hi Marco, I am using GS 3.3.3 with the most recent Contact Form plugin, but I am getting an error message. I have the folder [PHPMAILER_V5.1] with the file [class.phpmailer.php] in it but I still get the error [FOLDER PHPMAILER_V5.1 DOES NOT EXIST INSIDE FOLDER PLUGINS OR FILE CLASS.PHPMAILER.PHP IS MISSING. ]

Did you do anything different?

I am using the following code to display the Contact Form
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,false,true, 'charl.souma@gmail.com' %)
however if I use
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,true,true, 'name@gmail.com' %)
then the form dissapears from my page and everything below it also dissapears.

I am seeing a cbcontactform.log being created but I do not receive any emails.

Can you give me any advice? I only able to php Mailer version '5.2.8'. Do you know where I can find V5.1?
(2014-09-13, 02:11:10)charlsouma Wrote:
(2010-08-11, 05:57:58)marrco Wrote: i'm using your plugin with the newest GS build. It works fine, thank you !

Hi Marco, I am using GS 3.3.3 with the most recent Contact Form plugin, but I am getting an error message. I have the folder [PHPMAILER_V5.1] with the file [class.phpmailer.php] in it but I still get the error [FOLDER PHPMAILER_V5.1 DOES NOT EXIST INSIDE FOLDER PLUGINS OR FILE CLASS.PHPMAILER.PHP IS MISSING. ]

Did you do anything different?

I am using the following code to display the Contact Form
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,false,true, 'charl.souma@gmail.com' %)
however if I use
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,true,true, 'name@gmail.com' %)
then the form dissapears from my page and everything below it also dissapears.

I am seeing a cbcontactform.log being created but I do not receive any emails.

Can you give me any advice? I only able to php Mailer version '5.2.8'. Do you know where I can find V5.1?
Hi charlsouma

In the instructions of extend, for 4 parameter:

The contact form must be called so:
- In content of a page with a short code:
(% cbcontact user,true or false,true or false,'',user or email,user or email %)

-4rd parameter: return a echo of form or return a string of form
* by default is false. If the form is called from of content of a page it is possible leaves in blank like ''.
* If the form is called from a template then it is necessary writes a true.

then you have to call to form this way:
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,false,'', 'charl.souma@gmail.com' %)
4rd parameter like ''.

Too is possible to call so:
Code:
(% cbcontact admin,true,'','', 'charl.souma@gmail.com' %)

3rd and 4rd parameter like ''.

Please check.

Regards
I have added the plugin to an existing site (3.3.3). In /plugins I put cbcontact_form.php and the cbcontact folder from the download. The plugins page shows "Description: Getsimple contactform.
Version 5.8.2 — Author: Cumbe" as Activated.

In the GS Page Editor I added "(% cbcontact admin, true %)" (no quotes) to an existing page, but no form was generated. It just shows the same text string. What did I do wrong?
(2014-09-29, 10:21:19)kaborka Wrote: I have added the plugin to an existing site (3.3.3). In /plugins I put cbcontact_form.php and the cbcontact folder from the download. The plugins page shows "Description: Getsimple contactform.
Version 5.8.2 — Author: Cumbe" as Activated.

In the GS Page Editor I added "(% cbcontact admin, true %)" (no quotes) to an existing page, but no form was generated. It just shows the same text string. What did I do wrong?

Same problem here. It's not very clear in the instructions what to do.

Quote: Unzip the file in folder Plugin.
Activate the plugin in admin > plugins.

First of all, this doesn't work. You need to have a cbcontact.php file in the /plugns folder, not in a /plugins/cbcontact/forms/ subfolder. Otherwise the Plugins tab doesn't even show the plugin as present.

But you also have a lot of other files in /plugins/cbcontact/ . They are arial.ttf, htaccess, comprueba.php, img_cpt.php as well as the /plugins/cbcontact/forms/ folder that contains cbcontact.php and cbcontact.css, as well as some png files, etc.

Where are all these files supposed to go? Do they all stay in the present file structure (well, no the cbcontact.php can't or the whole plugin isn't recognized).

What about cbcontact.css? Where does that go?

Okay so assuming we find out where to put the plugin files, we have this code to add to the actual contact page:

Quote: The contact form must be called so:
- In content of a page with a short code:
(% cbcontact user,true or false,true or false,'',user or email,user or email %)
- in template with a php funtion :
< ?php cbcontact_page('nameofuser', true or false ,true or false, true,'user or email', 'user or email'); ? >
without spaces between < and ?

Okay, does this mean we add something like:

(% cbcontact JoeSchmoe,",",'',joe@Schmoe.com %)

By copying exactly that line in Edit > Page > Source in GetSimple 3.3.3 ? because that doesn't work. It just shows up as text when the page is viewed, and debug throws a bunch of errors.

But maybe that's because the plugin files aren't in the right places? Or is this code wrong? Or is something missing -- I saw somewhere else where you need PHPMailer somewhere -- where is this? Is it something we are supposed to add as well?

Thanks for your help.....
I would really like to see an example of a working page's code that uses this plugin. That might clear up a lot of confusion.

Also an example of an actual directory structure in GetSimple 3.3.3 with this plugin active and working.

An example is worth a thousand words Wink
[quote='cumbe' pid='47518' dateline='1410545191']
[quote='charlsouma' pid='47516' dateline='1410538270']

Thanks it is working Cumbe. I use (% cbcontact admin,true,false,'','email@mail.com' %)
(2014-09-29, 13:00:17)vtsimple Wrote: I would really like to see an example of a working page's code that uses this plugin. That might clear up a lot of confusion.

Also an example of an actual directory structure in GetSimple 3.3.3 with this plugin active and working.

I use this code on a Page which I created. This is the only content on the page.
(% cbcontact admin,true,false,'','email@mail.com' %)
Below is my dir struc with cb contact working
public_html
  • admin
  • backups
  • data
  • plugins
    1. cbcontact
    2. PHPMailer_v5.1
    3. cbcontact_form.php

(2014-09-29, 21:27:05)charlsouma Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 13:00:17)vtsimple Wrote: I would really like to see an example of a working page's code that uses this plugin. That might clear up a lot of confusion.

I use this code on a Page which I created. This is the only content on the page.
(% cbcontact admin,true,false,'','email@mail.com' %)
Below is my dir struc with cb contact working
public_html
  • admin
  • backups
  • data
  • plugins
    1. cbcontact
    2. PHPMailer_v5.1
    3. cbcontact_form.php

Thank you charisouma! Smile

Just a few more questions:

1.) I see that you changed the name of cbcontact.php to cbcontact_form.php -- is this necessary?

2.) I see that you added PHPMailer_v5.1 to the plugins -- is this plugin available from GetSimple Extensions? I can't find it.

3.) What files are in your plugins/cbcontact/ folder -- what is that directory structure?
Just a few more questions:

1.) I see that you changed the name of cbcontact.php to cbcontact_form.php -- is this necessary?

Quote:this is the name of the form which i downloaded in contact-form.zip download from getsimple

2.) I see that you added PHPMailer_v5.1 to the plugins -- is this plugin available from GetSimple Extensions? I can't find it.

PHP mailer is a php class which I downloaded. I created the folder according to the error message i received.
Code:

3rd parameter: CLASS PHPMAILER
* by default is false: class phpmailer is not used.
* true: class phpmailer is used. You need to complete /cbcontact/comprueba.php. In lines +- 182 to 210. You must edit this file and adjust the configuration for GMAIL or HOTMAIL or ONO. Comment and discomment the part that you need.

3.) What files are in your plugins/cbcontact/ folder -- what is that directory structure?
[/quote]

form folder
lang folder
.htaccess
arial.ttf
comprueba.php
img_cpt.php
(2014-09-30, 00:18:28)charlsouma Wrote: ...this is the name of the form which i downloaded in contact-form.zip download from getsimple

Not true for current version of cbcontact (5.8.2). It is cbcontact.php. What version did you install?

Quote:PHP mailer is a php class which I downloaded. I created the folder according to the error message i received.

I have now also found phpmailer online, however the version 5.1 is no longer available.

Did you just put a newer version of class.phpmailer.php in a folder named "phpmailer_v5.1" to satisfy the cbcontact code requirement? In other words, is ver. 5.1 strictly necessary, or is only the name of the folder important.