Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple - My first impression
Hello, I am arthpix from Cancun, Mexico.

This is to extend a big thakyou to GS Lead Developer Chris Cagle for this marvelous piece of code he gave to the world.

Many of my customers are small or family bussiness whose websites are generally 5 to 10 pages and cannot pay for bloated, hard-to-develop solutions like joomla nor great hosting plans with huge databases.

Get simple makes the best choice for that kind of sites/customers. The ease of template developing is one of a kind and with the well minded set of functions allow the development of a website a brezze. A single person is able to complete the whole proccess of development in a couple days - including templating!

Actually I am working in a test site to check out all of the capabilities of GS and I'm really amazed. Plus the community developers and their awesome work with the plugins already available makes me think than Gs is -or will be soon - capable of handle much bigger sites than those it is designed for.

One special thing from Gs than impressed me is a function called menu_data()... How come someone get to the conclusion of the great utility it has? It really improve's a lot what developers can do beside's the simple function get_navigation() and tells about the way of thinking Chris has!!

Really, a zillion thanks to Chris Cagle and all of the developers of this community. I hope this CMS becomes the number one in the near future.

Best regards,

arthpix
If you like menu_data(), I suggest you take a look at Zegnåt's alternative:
http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=544
Function zegnat_menu_data() allows you to specify additional fields, very useful if you make use of Mike's CustomFields plugin.
Wow, what praise arthpix! Thank you for the kind words!!!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!