Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMTP option for contact form
Hi,

Emails sent using php's mail function from my server seem to end up by Google's spam filter. I use Google Apps so it would be very helpful to be able to use the smtp option for sending mail via gmail. This should avoid spam issues.

Cheers,

Donovan
donovanh Wrote:it would be very helpful to be able to use the smtp option for sending mail via gmail.

I also need Get Simple to support SMTP for sending email. On my server I've got phpmail disabled for security reasons, but any of the sites I host can use SMTP on localhost for sending email.

It would be interesting to get an idea of how easily Get Simple could support SMTP globally - i.e. for the password reminders as well as any email-sending plugins?

I need this functionality fairly quickly, so I can have a go at contributing a module or a patch to GS core...
Hi.
I never thought on that option...
Try to adapt it to my plugin.

Regards.
OK, cumbe. So, just to clarify, if I wanted to help make Get Simple capable of sending mail via SMTP (as well as just phpmail), I'd need to support:

Anything else that sends mail?

I haven't looked at the architecture of Get Simple much yet (still new to it), but do all these systems do their own mail-sending? Or does Get Simple have a mail sending API that plugins can access? The second approach would seem more sensible, wouldn't it?
I have adapted class phpmailer to my plugin, Contact Form plugin: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/contact-form/264/.

Regards.
Nice one, cumbe Smile