• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to open /var/www/admin/lang/
Hi all.

Sorry for my English.

This error after unpacking on the server. Install on a subdomain: test.site.com
Quote:Unable to open /var/www/admin/lang/

Folder where to install the site is here /var/www/admin/data/www/test.site.com

Get-Simple: 2.02

Server (VPS) - Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at site.com Port 80

In what may be the problem?

Thanks advance.
Sorry for my English ;)
I think it's a problem with path to getsimple's admin/lang
You have uploaded your site to /var/www/admin/data/www/test.site.com, thus that may be the problem.
Try to create a soft link inside /var/www/admin/ to /var/www/admin/data/www/test.site.com/admin/lang
or upload lang directory to /var/www/admin and see if another problem with path to GS data appears.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
getsimple not correctly determine the path to the folder /var/www/admin/data/www/test.site.com.

Ok. I copied the lang folder to check in /var/www/admin/.
Start the installation... and a blank page

in the source code page (ctrl+U)
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"  />
    <title> &raquo; Installation</title>

<!-- Javascript -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/uploadify/swfobject.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/uploadify/jquery.uploadify.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/facybox/jquery.facybox.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.reverseorder.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.quickpaginate.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.example.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jcrop/jquery.Jcrop.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.getsimple.js"></script>

<!-- CSS Stylesheets -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="template/style.css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="template/js/facybox/jquery.facybox.css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="template/js/jcrop/jquery.Jcrop.css" media="screen" />
    <!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="template/ie6.css" media="screen" /><![endif]-->

<!-- IE Fixes -->
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
        try {
            document.execCommand("BackgroundImageCache", false, true);
        } catch(err) {}
        /* IE6 flicker hack from http://dean.edwards.name/my/flicker.html */
    --></script>
    <noscript><style type="text/css">#metadata_window {display:block !important} </style></noscript>

and no errors(
Sorry for my English ;)
NeBox Wrote:Get-Simple: 2.02

GetSimple 2.02 does not exist yet, what revision are you using? If it's 2.02 RC1, you'd better try with the latest one (r171 right now).

Anyway, did you try GS 2.01 (latest stable release) on that server?

If you have the same problem with 2.01 and latest development revision, enable debug mode to see some errors that may give a hint.
Yes. r171

I tried to install and latest stable release 2.01
Quote:Unable to open /var/www/admin/lang/

getsimple does not specify a folder /var/www/admin/data/www/test.site.com/ as root. How can I fix it?
may be in the server settings need something to fix?
Sorry for my English ;)
Thank you for reporting this, I think I know what the issue is here.

The functions we use to figure out the absolute path to our files on the server cuts at /admin/. It does this because no servers we ever tested on were trying to install GetSimple so far down the absolute path that it might end up in a different admin named directory. (Congratulations, you are the first ;-))

I’ll set out to fix this as soon as possible!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
hmm... maybe using RewriteBase / to define absolute path in .htaccess would do the trick ?

Regardless of the whole matter, who on the earth puts webservices in admin's directory ? :/
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:Maybe using RewriteBase / to define absolute path in .htaccess would do the trick ?
Not here. This path is used by the PHP includes in the GetSimple core and those are not affected by .HTACCESS-files.

yojoe Wrote:Regardless of the whole matter, who on the earth puts webservices in admin’s directory? :/
That’s the question, you would expect the root to be /var/www/test.site.com/. And because that’s the expected output we never thought about making the function work with anything else.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks)
moved the site to another folder and everything worked!
Sorry for my English ;)
I have uploaded a fix to the SVN. Could you please download and test r174 and tell me if it fixed the problem?
Works fine!
installed to /var/www/admin/data/www/site.com/

Thanks!
Sorry for my English ;)