Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Layouts
Please excuse me if this is the not the correct forum for this question...it seemed to make the most sense. I am new to GS and I am loving it for my clients with smaller sites. However, I have a question on how to apply different layouts within a theme. For instance, my client would like to have a three column laout on the home page, two column on other pages, and the option to have special layout for a gallery.

In other CMS's I've worked in there has been a option to select a layout on a per page basis. Is that possible with GS? If so, where would I find information on how to implement this feature.
I was so excited to find getsimple as its fantastic but like you wanted more features for data entry and found the myriad of plugins spent a full day or two just for testing ,, what worked and what did not... drove me insane

We HAVE COMPLETED CODING a two column layout with ability to edit the 2 columns from the normal data entry with either a 2 column and or a single column - layout on any page with different content! using the sidebar through components you can get 3 column, but I don't like it and may do a real 3 column later. If you of ACTUALLY need a real 3 column we could provide for a coding fee.
see site here http://getsimplehosting.com/sidebarmagic/

You can have 2 columns now, but its the same data on every page, for the sidebar using the getsimple coding. Ours is actual data entry from the page edit, not a component entry!

The gallery will be no problem as either a 2 column or single column. The code is about one week away from completion and will include for theme pages : a poll page, a gallery page, a mini blog, a events page, a shopping cart and more! All available as pages and just and click and done, no tedious installs of plugins etc......

To use our enhanced CMS we require you host the site with us @ $8.95 monthly or $96 annual, you can view our site u here: www.getsimplehosting.com. you can PM me or skype 'imageworks'

warmly
brianb
@daguy: Thanks for the offer and information but I think I have found a solution based on some information buried discreetly in another post. I'll have to try it out later this evening though.
BRen13 Wrote:@daguy: Thanks for the offer and information but I think I have found a solution based on some information buried discreetly in another post. I'll have to try it out later this evening though.

surely I would love to see that information and post... Thanks
Just create an another file with the layout you want and then save it into the templates folder in your theme. When you create a page just select the template you want to use.
very nice idea bren thanks,..
its really nice
no prob...true to the name...it was simple.