Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Child menu plugin
там когда добавляешь ссылки в меню можешь указать номер в графе "порядок", но с этим плагином вообще-то масса проблем, потому что при добавлении страницы приходится переписывать и номера, поэтому я уже отказался от его использования, а на странице новостей ты не ставь код (% blog:Новости %) на страницу news, а просто в настройках плагина укажи "Целевая страница для новостей" - news
Version 1.5 adds a class="current" on the active link :-)
Cheers
Oleg06 Wrote:need to assign a class of active link
great
Oleg06 Wrote:там когда добавляешь ссылки в меню можешь указать номер в графе "порядок", но с этим плагином вообще-то масса проблем, потому что при добавлении страницы приходится переписывать и номера, поэтому я уже отказался от его использования, а на странице новостей ты не ставь код (% blog:Новости %) на страницу news, а просто в настройках плагина укажи "Целевая страница для новостей" - news

Thank you Oleg!
Hello,

is it possible to only display parent menus on the homepage, and when you click on one of the parents, children links appear in place of the parent menu.

So :

Parent Menu 1 - Parent Menu 2 - Parent Menu 3

When i click on Parent Menu 1, the parent menu disapear and i have :

Child 1 - Child 2 - Child 3

thanks for help or explanations.
try to create 2 template in one place the menu insert code
Code:
<ul id="nav"><?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?></ul>
And in another
Code:
<?php go_child_menu(); ?>
erka Wrote:Hi.
Try the new version 1.4, it should sort the sub-menu A-Z in case it is not sorted automatically.
Remember to re-save some page after you upgrade the plugin to clear the cache.
kjemperud Wrote:How can i get this to sort the sub-menu (ex A-Z)? It seems to just appear in a random order Sad Otherwise great plugin Smile

ERKA Thank you for Plugin. It works perfect but instead of order from A-Z, How can I order by "menuOrder" like we set in admin?
Hello,
How can I order my sub menu other than A-Z ?
Can we use the data in xml of page for order it : <menuOrder><![CDATA[0]]></menuOrder> ?
Hi.
Well, I like GetSimple most of all because it is so simple and un-bloated.
When I made my plugins it was important for me to keep that simplicity intact and not add extra layers of complexity.
Therefore I also did not want to disturb the site admin with more features in the back end.

The short answer is, you can´t, the child menu is ordered A-Z, and I do not plan to add support for anything more, sorry, but I just want to keep it as simple as possible.
Less is more :-)

There are other more advanced plugins for sub menus like Zegnåt’s multi-level navigation etc. that may provide this functionality, but then again it may get a little bit more complex to manage.

madvic Wrote:Hello,
Can we use the data in xml of page for order it : <menuOrder><![CDATA[0]]></menuOrder> ?
The I18N plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/), which I developed for multi-language sites, also contains a hierarchical menu (e.g main menu and child menus) with no administration overhead - but with improved parent and position selection (see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/i18n/i18n-screenshots).

Se http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/mul...avigation/ for more information.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Two feature requests/suggestions:

* Honor menu setting "priority" for sorting
* Honor menu setting "menu text"

Thanks for your work!
Hi and sorry, I have to correct my last post.
There is a very simple way to order the child menu exactly the way you like.
The child menu is always ordered by the page Slug/URLs, 0-9 and A-Z.
By putting a number at the beginning of the page Slug/URL (in page options) you can easily order the child menu any way you like.

Setting the page Slug/URLs to
1saxon
2motorhead
3acdc
will generate a child menu in that order.

Here is a live example http://www.moodifier.net/sneak-peak/

Cheers,
Erik

Done :-)

New in version 1.6
-The plugin will now honor menu setting "priority" for sorting (if it is set).
-The plugin will now honor "menu text" if it is set, otherwise it will fall back to the page title.

http://www.fohlin.net/tech-stuff/getsimp...enu-plugin

Cheers,
Erik
tvon Wrote:Two feature requests/suggestions:

* Honor menu setting "priority" for sorting
* Honor menu setting "menu text"

Thanks for your work!
Hello,

I correct a bug :
<a href="'.$XMLdata->url.'">'.strip_decode($XMLdata->menu).'</a></p>';
The function strip_decode is to add at the line 117,121, 128, 132, 164, 168, 175 and 179.

When a quote was saved in the xml file, a "\" is add.
Thanks for the heads up Madvic.
I will include it in the next version.

I correct a bug :
<a href="'.$XMLdata->url.'">'.strip_decode($XMLdata->menu).'</a></p>';
The function strip_decode is to add at the line 117,121, 128, 132, 164, 168, 175 and 179.

When a quote was saved in the xml file, a "\" is add.
An error in debug mod :

childmenu.php : line 187

add :
Code:
$childmenu='';
Hi erka,

I'm a real php noob, in any case I found your plugin very useful, thanks!

I would like to ask you if is possible to display a default content (<code><div>...</div></code>) if there are no child pages to display.

I tried it several times, but with no success, could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.
I have a problem... Your plugin description says that it displays the parent, siblings and child pages of the current page, doesn't it?

I added the menu to my sidebar, and it only displays the top page(index) and its children. When I open up one of those child pages, it keeps giving me the same menu altough that child page has children of its own(which don't show up).

EDIT: I'm busy modifying the plugin file, and I like how you commented almost everything of significance. One question: what is the purpose of $slugortorder in the go_child_menu function and why is its default value 21?

EDIT2: found out myself why it's the default value ;p
For the other people that don't know it: it's one higher than the highest priority you can set in the menu priority setting. This means that the slug order will be followed no matter what the menu priority setting of a particular page is.
Is there any way to get the plugin to work for more than 10 items? currently, anything after priority 10, ie. 11 will be listed after item 2 and so on...the only workaround now is to set first priority starting from 10, not 1.

any idea how to change the sorting array and fix that?

thanks!
use the plugin I18N
i tried I18N and its great, but abit overkill for me, lots of stuff i don't need..i'm trying hard to simplify the admin UI down to the every pixels to make it pleasant for my not-so-techie client Smile

too bad i'm clueless about php, it must a very simple tweak in the array code to enable it. oh well, nvm, thanks for the reply anyway!

cheers.
tommy Wrote:i tried I18N and its great, but abit overkill for me, lots of stuff i don't need..i'm trying hard to simplify the admin UI down to the every pixels to make it pleasant for my not-so-techie client Smile

What's there that you don't need? I'd suppose, using page names instead of priorities in the edit page would be much better for not-so-techie users. The pages view is nearly the same as the original pages view - just better ;-) And the navigation sorting view - you could easily disable it in the plugin, if you don't need it.

BTW: you could also delete the i18n_base.php and only use the navigation part of the plugin (i18n_navigation.php).
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
hi mvlcek, thanks for your reply. i'll give it another try! thanks again for the effort, really appreciate all the stuffs you are doing for GS! Salute!
Hi.
In the new Child Menu Plugin, version 1.8, on line 200 I have put in an uncommented example for you on how this is done.
Cheers,
Erik

quite_me Wrote:Hi erka,

I'm a real php noob, in any case I found your plugin very useful, thanks!

I would like to ask you if is possible to display a default content (<code><div>...</div></code>) if there are no child pages to display.

I tried it several times, but with no success, could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.
Hi.
The new version 1.8 should fix this sorting bug so that the menu order is sorted numerically.
Cheers,
Erik

tommy Wrote:Is there any way to get the plugin to work for more than 10 items? currently, anything after priority 10, ie. 11 will be listed after item 2 and so on...the only workaround now is to set first priority starting from 10, not 1.

any idea how to change the sorting array and fix that?

thanks!