Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming soon.
Hey guys,
Here recently I have begun working with Chris to enhance some of our documentation
and marketing materials. Over the next couple weeks I will be creating user manuals
for both developers and end users that will include everything from installing your GetSimple
instance to removing it. I also plan on creating a developers pack that will include both manuals,
a brochure, and some different styles of the logo. This will provide developers / designers with
something to present to potential clients.

Here is what I need from you:
We need a vector logo, so we would like to give the community a chance to have a say in the
design of this logo. We want to keep it very 'simple' but are completely open to suggestions on
new fonts and icons that could be used. We do need to try and keep the current logo colors so
that the new logo will match our website. If you are willing to assist in the design of this logo
please do a quick mock-up and post it on this thread. All logos must be creating in Adobe Illustrator
or Coral Draw. When the logo is finalized we will need the original Adobe Illustrator or Coral Draw
file along with a ".eps" and ".png". Please do not add any watermarks, signatures, or other
non-logo related text or logos.

I have attached are current logo to this thread for you to get colors off of. If you have any questions
please feel free to ask me via this thread or email.

Thanks in advance!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
I can do that quickly but I need to know the font-name of this logo
Were unsure of the font that is the main reason for us needing a new logo.
JWH Technologies
First 3 examples:

1. Artemius SN Black TT Regular
2. Univers Condensed Bold
3. Cambria Bold

Chris always liked the 2nd one Wink

Don't look at kerning...I'll adjust it once/if you choose the best one

For better previewing download the file
Out of all of them I am liking the 2nd one the best, I would like to see a little bit more rounded.

I would really like to see some sort of icon or image..
JWH Technologies
I've got one funny idea Smile
FWIW, the original font used was VAG Rounded.
Font: Days (modified manually)
vsky Wrote:Font: Days (modified manually)
I am liking the idea, but it still appears a little pixelated.
JWH Technologies
Of course it has a little pixelation because it's raster image. Vector is perfect

I also made a site preview to have complete picture
Ok, I am not very familiar with logo creation.
JWH Technologies
I've got mixed feelings :/

imo whole red is the best one
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
vsky Wrote:First 3 examples:

1. Artemius SN Black TT Regular
2. Univers Condensed Bold
3. Cambria Bold

Chris always liked the 2nd one Wink

Don't look at kerning...I'll adjust it once/if you choose the best one

For better previewing download the file

Funny you remember that - Correct - I like the second one. I like it because it's simple and it doesn't have the serifs on it. I think we are fine if we just use something like that for now and we can come up with a simple logo-image that might go well with it later.

I also liked the font that also had the bow tie on it. Not so much the bow tie though Smile
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:I also liked the font that also had the bow tie on it. Not so much the bow tie though Smile

It's always Univers Condensed Bold modified manually (with rounded corners)
vsky Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:I also liked the font that also had the bow tie on it. Not so much the bow tie though Smile

It's always Univers Condensed Bold modified manually (with rounded corners)

Well it sounds like that's the one, if you wouldn't mind uploaded the original file along with a .eps I'm looking forward to being able to scale it!!
JWH Technologies
To be honest, I would prefer the wordmark stay the same, possibly with a graphical device developed to be used along side it. Anyway, I've attached the existing logo in a bunch of file formats (AI, EPS, PDF, 3xPNG, font OTF) all zipped up.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Quote:Well it sounds like that's the one, if you wouldn't mind uploaded the original file along with a .eps I'm looking forward to being able to scale it!!

Here it is... Wink
Thank you very much for your work!
JWH Technologies
I've posted a raw version of my idea.
If it would be chosen, I'd work further to make it more look more like a web2.0 logo Wink

vsky: getsimple based on vag rounded font looks imo better
If it contained more things than just a plain text, then it would make the difference.
yojoe Wrote:vsky: getsimple based on vag rounded font looks imo better

Maybe you're right... but only for the site.
Imagine that you're making brochures or manuals - i would say that it cannot be serious with such type of font.

Quote:If it contained more things than just a plain text...

Imo: GetSimple is called so because this product is simple and essential. If you add more things in logotype - you're going to complicate it. I think the rest of idea is clear...

Correct me if i'm wrong Smile
Just because product is simple, doesn't mean it cannot have an astonishing logotype Wink
Look at the icons on the GS front page. Adding a gradient + outline and voilla, nice web2.0 logo Smile
I agree we do need web 2.0 style logo. If you are willing to take are current logo and turn it into a more web 2.0 we would be open to it. I do think the logo needs to contain GetSimple though.
JWH Technologies
Unfortunatelly you don't think of logo out the web... you don't think how the logo will look on a press advert or fax letter, or brochures, or reversed out of a black background.

Try to realize such "web 2.0" logo with shadows, outlines and other crap and then scale it down to see if the text is still legible and logo is recognisable. Result = fail.
vsky Wrote:Unfortunatelly you don't think of logo out the web... you don't think how the logo will look on a press advert or fax letter, or brochures, or reversed out of a black background.

Try to realize such "web 2.0" logo with shadows, outlines and other crap and then scale it down to see if the text is still legible and logo is recognisable. Result = fail.

This is a good point.
JWH Technologies
vsky Wrote:Unfortunatelly you don't think of logo out the web... you don't think how the logo will look on a press advert or fax letter, or brochures, or reversed out of a black background.

Well, why do you assume I know nothing about designing ?
But if we are starting to talk about corporate identity and overall DTP, did anyone mention about printing anything at this stage ? Are you serious with things you are talking about ?

Well, if you have the skills, knowledge, along with lots of free time, and dare to create whole corp. identity for get simple project, I strongly encourage you to do this.

But when you come up with personal arguments, I consider polite conversation as finished.
Anyway I didn't came here to argue with anyone just for sake of arguing.

On topic: I'll try to mess with current getsimple logo as soon as I find some free time.
I realized that getsimple's abbreviation I have shown, could be used as favicon.