Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming soon.
yojoe Wrote:
vsky Wrote:Unfortunatelly you don't think of logo out the web... you don't think how the logo will look on a press advert or fax letter, or brochures, or reversed out of a black background.

Try to realize such "web 2.0" logo with shadows, outlines and other crap and then scale it down to see if the text is still legible and logo is recognisable. Result = fail.

Well, why do you assume I know nothing about designing ?
But if we are starting to talk about corporate identity and overall DTP, did anyone mention about printing anything at this stage ? Are you serious with things you are talking about ?

Well, if you have the skills, knowledge, along with lots of free time, and dare to create whole corp. identity for get simple project, I strongly encourage you to do this.

But when you come up with personal arguments, I consider polite conversation as finished.
Anyway I didn't came here to argue with anyone just for sake of arguing.

On topic: I'll try to mess with current getsimple logo as soon as I find some free time.
I realized that getsimple's abbreviation I have shown, could be used as favicon.

I do like your abbreviation to be used as a favicon if you would supply me with that file that would be great.

I am not looking to start a fight, you both provide good points on which logo is better. I personally enjoy the
web 2.0 logo minus the drop shadows due to the possibilities of needing to re-size and print. I am not sure what
else would be wrong with a web 2.0 logo type other than the drop shadow causing issues.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
to yojoe

Quote:Well, why do you assume I know nothing about designing?

Who said that?

Quote:But when you come up with personal arguments, I consider polite conversation as finished.

I think that you're taking my words too much to heart... Come on, we're not in competition... I just share some experience and thoughts, nothing more.

PS. It's the last example of Univers Cond. Bold
1. Fertigo Pro
2. Fontin
3. MoolBoran
4. Calibri Bold (this one is very very nice!)
5. Nyala
I have to agree I like 4 the most, do you think it would mess it up to add a little gradient or a glass look?
JWH Technologies
3 and 4 both work. I would refrain from using 1 or 2 as they are slowly getting more and more used as copy fonts on the web and will therefore not directly be identified as logo lettering.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Quote:I have to agree I like 4 the most, do you think it would mess it up to add a little gradient or a glass look?

I think it wouldn't...

Also take a look at summer variant Smile
OWS_Matthew Wrote:I do like your abbreviation to be used as a favicon if you would supply me with that file that would be great.
I attach 2 versions.
Didn't test them in browsers yet, so consider them as alpha Wink

vsky Wrote:I think that you're taking my words too much to heart... Come on, we're not in competition... I just share some experience and thoughts, nothing more.

Maybe I have had a bad day and indeed took personally too much things.
Mondays are always disastrous.

vsky Wrote:1. Fertigo Pro
2. Fontin
3. MoolBoran
4. Calibri Bold (this one is very very nice!)
5. Nyala

Definitely calibri bold. Looks like designed for getsimple Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Do you by chance have a bigger size for our Facebook page? (The abbreviation.)

I like the orange and black better.
JWH Technologies
Just tell me the dimensions and img type you'd like to get.
I can upload an .eps as well.

Something like this:
Who done the current GetSimple website? The look and feel of that brand is perfectly fine IMHO.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
sal Wrote:Who [did] the current GetSimple website? The look and feel of that brand is perfectly fine IMHO.
Chris did it. That doesn’t mean he won’t be open to suggestions from the community though, every big CMS out there today depends on its users.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
So what have you decided? Should i continue with other versions or.....
Matthew: I've noticed you have already put the img I posted earlier.
But why on FB is a highly compressed jpg ? Doesn't FB allow .png ?
I can create an img with corners in color or FB's background.
Regardless of colours, isn't it too big ?

As we are talking about GS, maybe updating the ico on opensourcecms.com would be a good idea ?

ps. I attach other version with mirrored highlight and coloured top corners.
Everyone, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all, I just started school and my hours at
work have increased.

yojoe, I have updated the facebook logo, I am not sure about the opensourcecms.com icon I have no control over that.

vsky, I am really not sure what logo to choose. The current one is fine the main issue is that it becomes pixalized when re sized.
JWH Technologies
Nothing wrong with the existing logo, it's clean and professional.

[Image: iJ0Jh.png] [Image: LseGK.png] [Image: 9HYht.png]
[Image: XGiQV.png]
[Image: ePlNi.png]
[Image: 1uUV8.png]
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
* marrco agree with sal
I also like it
Here's my two cents.
Hi, I have some experience with graphic design, an had an overview of this topic today.

In my opinion, I think the first logo published by OWS_Matthew, And the last, published by adriantr, are the best, and ONLY options.

[Image: misc.php?item=239&download=0]
[Image: misc.php?item=306&download=0]

The first logo uses Arial Rounded or something like it, and ist is very Clean, Mean and Simple.
The rouded corners of the text will give some personality to your logo, while it's simpleness will keep it professional.

It is everything that GetSimple CMS is all about, Clean and Simple.

This can be scaled to any size, in web or print, it will remain visible at very small sizes ( consider even 50px X 12px for some footer logos. )

The second logo, is allso very simple and clean, and the gs in the dot can be used for favico.

Actualy, web 2.0 does not mean shadows and crap aded to a design.
Web 2.0 is all about clear, simple, easy to read and use design.

In fact, The term Web 2.0 is commonly associated with web applications that facilitate interactive information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design, and collaboration on the World Wide Web. (wikipedia definition).

So, If you want to look like a "serious" brand, forget about fancy fonts and fancy efects. The logo hast to be simple, easy to read, easy to remember.

Since you have allready used the "RedOrange-Black" version for so long, it would be a good ideea to stick to those collors, since users probably got used to them, and you do not want to lose the brand awareness that you have won so far.

Allthought this is an GPL project, you probably need the commercial advantages that a established brand can provide for you, so, regardless some entusiasts opinions, you should try to wach for your commercial interests too.

If you insist on having something more personalized, you could try some classic techniques for logo design, like a small visual accident (ex, the E in DELL logo ).

[Image: 150px-Dell.svg.png]

Or you could try add a simbol to your current logotype.

Allso , must know that you CAN , Realy CAN have 2 versions of the logo, serving different pourposes. One will be your main version, for most ocasions, and another version for only some pourposes, like Favorite Icon in web aplications, or other ocasions where you need a small , sware or round logo.

However, and this is IMPORTANT, if you have 2 versions you must allways use one version for specific pourposes, and the other version for other specific pourposes, and not mixed.

This reply is becoming too long, and I will just end it.

I can make the modifications of the logo, if needed.

Sory for my english,