Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Electric
[Image: screenshot.png]

Super-Electric2 theme features:
- resize browser window, background is resized accordingly
- refresh to see the three color variants (yellow, green, blue)
- designed from scratch for Get-Simple
- it's released under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Demo and Download.
Hi,

First of all, thanks for sharing. I noticed something; Theme looks fine with Firefox (3.6), but not with IE8 (no rounded corners/edges). I thought you´d like to know.

I don´t like IE, but a lot of people out there uses it.
Pablo Wrote:First of all, thanks for sharing. I noticed something; Theme looks fine with Firefox (3.6), but not with IE8 (no rounded corners/edges).
The real question is not whether a lot of people out there use IE, it's whether a website has to look the same in every browser.

Whether there are round corners in this theme or not does not change anything about the usability of it. You can see it as an extra for people who use newer browsers. As Andy Clarke says it:
Quote:I know that it is highly unlikely that every browser will ever support every CSS property. You should learn to live with that.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Sorry, I didn´t mean to be critical with my previous post. Just wanted to give get-simple2 some extra info about the theme.
Anyway, it´s a nice theme.

On the other hand, I do not totally agree with you Zegnåt; I know a theme will rarely look the same in every browser, and I can live with that. I also know that cosmetics (rounded corners, shadows,...) do not change the usability of a theme. But at the end, you decide to use one or another theme for its appearance, don´t you?. And although it does not look the same, it shouldn´t look very different from one browser to another. But this is just a personal opinion. That´s why I usually test my designs in at least 3 different browsers: Firefox, IE and Chrome (only their last versions, of course).
No worries Pablo. Your comment didn't seem provocative at all. Actually, since there is at least one person in the planet that played with my theme, I have a motivation to add a few features to this theme Smile
In addtion, I always try to build cross-browser webpages. Sometimes it's a tendious job due to IE. Super-Electric2 is using some simple CSS3 rules and IE will support them with version IE9.
get-simple2 Wrote:[Image: screenshot.png]

Super-Electric2 theme features:
- resize browser window, background is resized accordingly
- refresh to see the three color variants (yellow, green, blue)
- designed from scratch for Get-Simple
- it's released under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported

Demo and Download.

This theme is quite awesome!!