Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Component Sorting
I tried to do a quick search to see if this had already been mentioned, but do you think there would be a way to setup the components section so that it could be sorted? (ie: alphabetical, or by page that it's on if that gets worked into the system) Obviously, as of right now, it's just sorted in the order that a component is added. This might not be something that's needed enough, but I could see it being something that would be a little more user friendly for someone who's not as savvy.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Garrett
Good point. This should be easy to add... and I agree that we need it.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
It would be very nice if in components page first to display list of existing components and edit them in another page. Just like "pages" section.
Also, it would be great to add wysiwyg/code switcher above the component editing form..

Excuse my poor English, not a native language. Rolleyes
see this got added to 1.7, cool.... only upgrading now...8)
My Github Repos: Github
Would it be possible to implement components by page?

ie admin Page edit screen shows page content box and sidebar shows relevant components linked to that page

For instance many of my pages have text blocks on them that are not part of the general content but should be associated with that page and have the text editor functionality.

This would be amazing. If I contribute for two hours of your time would this be possible sooner?
Thats an interesting idea... it could be done by doing what we have in GS now... In the template you could do something like this:
Code:
<?php

if ( return_page_slug() == 'about' ) {
    get_component('about-component');
} elseif ( return_page_slug() == 'index' ) {
    get_component('homepage-component');
} else {
    get_component('generic-component');
}

?>
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I appreciate your response however I was referring to having this component structure for pages in the "admin panel" area of the cms to help with organization.

so when I open up a page to edit the sidebar would list the available components only appearing on that particular page. I then could edit those components by selecting them from the sidebar.

So if I only wanted to have an image appearing in once place on the page I could code that specifically with a component or a block of text that only appears in once place. And then also being able to use an image uploader or toggle the editor option for component boxes is a must for me. Any way we can get that added or you could provide some code for me to add to my installation? I am php savvy but not extremely good with your cms structure yet.
i agree with twentytwobelow. Components per page would be better rather than site wide. I dont mean that the components wont work side wide, just make it so the components are configured / sorted per page, this way a non-techy user can easily know what "toptext2" is actually the component for the second page text, they can just go to the page in the admin and edit that component.
Actually since we're all lumping Chris with our needs and wants... I'd like to see some device to show me which page the component was being used on. Sometimes I do have global components - other times, a single component solely for a specific page.