Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be an update for "Multi User"?
Dear GS friends!

I really like GetSimple as one of the best lightweight CMS I've seen so far, thanks for all the effort to make it possible.

The concern:

In my opinion a user/permission management is an essential function for productive use of a CMS in professional projects.

I used the "Multi User" plugin until now, but I'm a bit worried about the future - the plugin hasn't been updated since many years and it might run out of PHP compatibility some day.

(Correct me if this is nonsense - I can't really judge it. But in the last year I had to skip some older plugins developed on PHP 5.X (or tried to fix them with my limited php skills) that didn't run without warnings in PHP 7.1 - or deactivate PHP warnings as a temporary solution.)

Would anyone be willing to update "Multi User" or create something similar?
(I really would do it by myself if I could!)

Alternatively a basic rights management might be implemented into the CMS Core. (Still posted this in "Feature Requests")

Thank you and best regards!!
I am pretty sure that GetSimple will handle multiple users without the plugin. So if you have several files in data/users with different user & pass combinations they all work.
Good to know that this works.

But the major aim is to hide several functions/items for non-admins. I know this would not a "real" user administration but I guess it would be enough for most small client projects.

With "basic rights management" I meant something roughly similar to your suggestion: To add users manually via XML-files, but with an additional capability to switch off backend menu items - similar to "Multi User".

According to the HTML-Editor option still implemented something like:
Code:
<THEMES>0</THEMES><PLUGINS>0</PLUGINS>

The only things I miss in "Multi User" is, that there is no option to switch off "Theme" an keep the "components" - but there are off course workarounds to add editable extra content fields for non-admins.
OK - I stumbled across the fact that there IS an update (from "maf" in 2015) per accident!

Is  this still "unofficial"?? For it's not listed in the GetSimple Plugin Directory?
Lets put a link here to make it easier to find:

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid49838

that's the forked Version 1.9.0 (February 2015)
Hi Holger,

A good while ago I started an effort to create a new "Multi-user" (I named it usermgr to avoid name confusion).
You can find the forum thread here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...ht=usermgr

You can actually download it straight from the  Github repo and upload it to your plugins dir. 
I've written quite elaborate docs on how to use it, but never published it in GS Extend because it lacks a UI.
It has much more fine-grained control on access management of pages & page options.
(2019-01-29, 09:28:07)Tyblitz Wrote: Hi Holger,

A good while ago I started an effort to create a new "Multi-user" (I named it usermgr to avoid name confusion).
You can find the forum thread here: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...ht=usermgr

You can actually download it straight from the  Github repo and upload it to your plugins dir. 
I've written quite elaborate docs on how to use it, but never published it in GS Extend because it lacks a UI.
It has much more fine-grained control on access management of pages & page options.

Sounds good, will take a look
Like "basic" members cant mess themes,plugins ets, only write or something?. That would be awesome Big Grin.
Occasionally i "make" basic websites to club, team etc, and often they have only php support no mysql, so this is the best cms for that Big Grin.