Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guestbook
you can write in the comments link
http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/guest/
Quote:I just downloaded the actual zip from the EXTEND, I hope it is version 4.1 because there is no comment in the plugin files

I miss a short readme as there are quite some unclear situations:
I invite you to do; my English is bad, and I can hardly write in English... Smile

Quote:1)
I uploaded the plugin and in administration panel/plugins/guestbook Igot the message:

missing file: guestbook.log

I expected that the log is created automatically, isn't it?

I had to add it manually to the data/other/log-folder

the log is created automatically when there is some comment...

Quote:2)
comprueba.php~

the zip contained that file in the subfolder /guestbook, I guess I can delete it?
in /lang there are also files with tilde ... please clean that
This is not important, and does not affect the plugin.... but i will delete these files...

Quote:3)
I read that the guestbook can be included in either a page or a template, but:

<?php sv_book('nameofuser', numberofcommentsbypage, 'D'); ?>

this php-code is not correct in a page, so it works only in a template?
You're right, badly explained. This code must be included in template; if you want including in page, you need a exec plugin (that i think should be integrated in core of getsimple). I will change it in instruccions...

Quote:4)
I get annoyed .. the language file en_US.php is not coded in UTF-8, but in ANSII!
I thought we have UTF-8 as standard and your plugin is prepared for internationalisation?
Now I translated this to de_DE.php and get a horrible mess with umlauts..
es_ES is in UTF-8; en_US is in ANSI; it is a mistake; i'm using es_ES.... but it has easy solution, no?...

Quote:5) font-colors are coded into the plugin, not by CSS, please change that
This will not change for now; there are other things more importants...

Quote:<font>

is deprecated HTML
Yes I know, but still works....

Quote:6) Redirect text is written inside the plugin, not in the language file
and... i think that everybody understands it.

Quote:7) line 114 in comprueba.php: default email-adress is hardcoded and is not user-adress from the settings
You have not understood the code....

Quote:this plugin is not "get simple" it is "you need to finetune it to get it ready for working"
I know it, but i do not know like to translate it: "es lo que hay..."
I am not a professional programmer, I'm amateur.... Smile

Quote:Cheers, Connie

Thanks by your comments that i help me to improve.

Regards.
cumbe Wrote:"es lo que hay..."

:-D

"That's the way it is", "Take it or leave it" ...
Cumbe,

write a readme in spanish and we will translate it!

Quote:the log is created automatically when there is some comment...
I think the first thing to do is to go to settings after installation of a plugin
and then there is no chance to set any settings as I must wait for the first entry?

Code:
This is not important, and does not affect the plugin.... but i will delete these files...
please do it, it makes the world nicer ;=)

UTF-8:
Code:
es_ES is in UTF-8; en_US is in ANSI; it is a mistake; i'm using es_ES....   but it has easy solution, no?...
yes, but if you have a lot of umlauts is ugly to correct

Quote:
Quote:6) Redirect text is written inside the plugin, not in the language file
no, I do not agree
if there is a language file than all output must be in that language
I can imagine farsi, chinese, bavarian or eastern-pomerania-users who speak no english and who are helpless with english texts, we speak of users, not admins

Quote:
Quote:7) line 114 in comprueba.php: default email-adress is hardcoded and is not user-adress from the settings
You have not understood the code....
I will try

Quote:
Quote:this plugin is not "get simple" it is "you need to finetune it to get it ready for working"

lo que hay .. nada mas? ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Quote: 6) Redirect text is written inside the plugin, not in the language file

no, I do not agree
if there is a language file than all output must be in that language
I can imagine farsi, chinese, bavarian or eastern-pomerania-users who speak no english and who are helpless with english texts, we speak of users, not admins
to following version...

Quote:
Quote: this plugin is not "get simple" it is "you need to finetune it to get it ready for working"

lo que hay .. nada mas? ;=)

Thanks Carlos by you translate.

There are 108 kilos of weight behind. jejeje
About the plugin: "es lo que hay..."
I am a bit touched up your plug-in for himself, perhaps in the next version you want to use it
http://chaga-mushroom.com/guestbook.zip
looks
http://chaga-mushroom.com/1/guest/
unfortunately I do not strong in English too
Hi oleg, i like the changes that you has had.... Smile
how can i disable the capcha?
It can not disable the captcha.
The code should be changed.
If you are interested, i´ll look it.

Regards.
ONLY FOR GETSIMPLE VERSIONS 3.0 or LATER

Upload version 4.2 of guestbook to extend, too.

Web test: http://cumbe.no-ip.biz/gs30/libro_invitados/ (with captcha)
Web test: http://cumbe.no-ip.biz/gs30/guestbook-en/ (without captcha)

Changes:
The most important is that you must pass the user will receive the email's notifications; the number of comments by page that show (pagination); the order that are showed the comments; and if you want captcha or no.
Values of order (capital letters):
- I (increasing), of first comment to last.
- D (decreasing), of last to first.

Values for captcha(capital letters):
- Y : if you want captcha
- N (or distint a Y): captcha will not appear.

The guestbook must be called so in a template (or a page with exec plugin):
<?php sv_book('nameofuser', numberofcommentsbypage, order, captcha(Y - N)); ?>

For example: <?php sv_book('cumbe', 3, 'D', 'Y'); ?>
only show 3 mains comments with all theirs replies, in order 'Decrease' (first the last), and captcha.

For example: <?php sv_book('cumbe', 5, 'I', 'N'); ?>
only show 5 mains comments with all theirs replies, in order 'Increase', and without captcha.

From this version is compatible with internationalization i18n of getsimple: http://get-simple.info/wiki/plugins:i18n

Is possible to reply to comments, keeping the order.

Now, automatically redirection to page Guestbook at 2 seconds ó push Back.

Unzip the file in folder Plugin.
Structure in directory Plugin:
* guestbook.php
* folder guestbook:
- arial.ttf.
- comprueba.php
- img_cpt.php
- folder img_emots: inside there are emoticons. If you want add more emoticons, only you have que paste *.gif in this folder.
- folder lang: with 2 translations, es_ES and en_US.

Regards.
cumbe, thank you very much!
I tested version 4.2

1)
lang/en_US.php is still in ANSI-format, so when people take this as "master" for their language file, they will get wrong format

2)
please separate the CSS from the code
that is absolutely important!

a) you add a lot of CSS
b) PLUS you set divs like this:
Code:
<div style="font-size: 20px; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 20px; margin: 22px 20px 0px 0px;">Add a Comment</div>

that is not good! It is interfering with the css of the themes
I do not want your plugin to define the width of a textarea, that is defined by "my" theme!

3) an option if Smileys are wanted or not would be nice

4) where is this used:

Code:
"micampo" => 'mi campo',

this is not self-explaining for translators ...

5)
the submit-button is too narrow for german text "absenden", another proof that the css must not be integrated in the form

please understand that I am testing to get a better use, not to critizise!
but for my purposes, I cannot use this plugin in the moment, but I need a guestbook for my client's site

Cheers, connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I get a lot of errrors when submitting the form:
Quote: Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php:152 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php(152): SimpleXMLElement->__construct(' ') #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152
|--

Connie Wrote:I tested version 4.2
Are you sure?. I think you must delete all files related with guestbook, and to do a new install of guestbook, because think are mixed files...
You must read instructions from extend.
Connie Wrote:1)
lang/en_US.php is still in ANSI-format, so when people take this as "master" for their language file, they will get wrong format
I do not know why happen it; I save like utf-8 without BOOM, but in windows always ANSI, in Ubuntu UTF-8.. Sad

Connie Wrote:2)
please separate the CSS from the code
that is absolutely important!

a) you add a lot of CSS
b) PLUS you set divs like this:
Code:
<div style="font-size: 20px; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 20px; margin: 22px 20px 0px 0px;">Add a Comment</div>

that is not good! It is interfering with the css of the themes
I do not want your plugin to define the width of a textarea, that is defined by "my" theme!
buff, Now I have little time for that; I did thid so for everyone to do the modifications like want.

Connie Wrote:3) an option if Smileys are wanted or not would be nice
In extend, you have instructions for that emoticons doesn't appear.

Connie Wrote:4) where is this used:

Code:
"micampo" => 'mi campo',

this is not self-explaining for translators ...
Uhmmm, in version 4.2 doesn't exit 'micampo', this is a test mine, from my pc, but in lang/en_US.php i forgot to remove this field. I'm sorry.

Connie Wrote:5)
the submit-button is too narrow for german text "absenden", another proof that the css must not be integrated in the form
It is easy change the width...

Connie Wrote:please understand that I am testing to get a better use, not to critizise!
but for my purposes, I cannot use this plugin in the moment, but I need a guestbook for my client's site

Cheers, connie
I know it, and thank you for you comments.

Connie Wrote:I get a lot of errrors when submitting the form:
Code:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php:152 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php(152): SimpleXMLElement->__construct(' ') #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/blablabla/plugins/guestbook/comprueba.php on line 152

I do not know why; I have not this error, for this i think you must do a clean install.

Regards.
Cumbe,

I was sure I had deactivated the "old" plugin, deleted it and uploaded the new one

I got rid of the smileys, just deleting them ...

I will do a very clean install and check again, ok?

Cheers, Connie
|--

Big tester is back ;=)

I did install a fresh version in an installation, where no guestbook was installed before.

my test is here:
http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/plugi...uchplugin/

1)
I noticed, that you run into an error when you have defined $lang in gsconfig.php but the corresponding language file is not created and/or uploaded yet.

lin 97 in comprueba.php:
Code:
//llamamos archivo idiomas: array i18n de plugin
         include ('lang/'.$LANG.'.php');

I think a fallback to "english" if not exist would be better, what's your idea?

2)
When the captcha is entered wrong, the correct captcha-code and the wrong entered captcha-code are shown on the next website (not in AJAX in the same site)
and this text appears:
Quote:Redirection in 2 seconds. If you do not redirection push Back

a) why show the correct and wrong code? When there was a mistake, you cannot correct it as the next loaded captcha will demand other string
b) 2 seconds is too short... if you want the people to read the message, but I think it would be better to show the error text directly in the guestbook.page
c) the text should be read from the language file! No english text for non-english users

I attach an uptodate german language file here

3)
the text "'View contactform.log'," in the en_EN-language file is wrong. I think it should be "
Quote:'View guestbook.log',

also
Quote:"CONTACT_FORM_SUB" => 'Contact Form Submission',

4) I also do not understand why the language file en_EN is stil in ASCII, a real quiz question ;=)

5)
what is this in guestbook.php in line 267?
When I discomment, nothing happens (there is no guestbook-name set)
Code:
<!-- if you want that show the name of guestbook, discomment the next line -->
           <!--  <div style="font-size:35px; letter-spacing:1px; line-height:35px; margin:22px 20px 10px;"><?php //echo i18n('guestbook/GBOOK'); ?></div> -->

6) comprueba.php, line 117:
Code:
$from = 'no-reply@get-simple.info';

I think this mail-adress should be pulled from a setting

7) guestbook.php, lines 376:
in german the header of the form reads:

Quote:geschrieben am July 21st, 2011 - 3:28 PM
the date format is wrong, where do you get the date format from?
it is no german date

8)
you must separate content from layout
your layout breask all CSS from any website, you must give IDs or classes to the table elements, not place the css in the code

I do need a guestbook for a client site, but as it is now, I cannot integrate it. "Our" site is green not gradient red...

and the form is absolutely ugly ...

please deliver a css file or let us users define the css ourselve, according to the webpages ;=(

I will continue to test, Cheers, Connie
|--

1)
Quote:I noticed, that you run into an error when you have defined $lang in gsconfig.php but the corresponding language file is not created and/or uploaded yet.

lin 97 in comprueba.php:

Code:
//llamamos archivo idiomas: array i18n de plugin
         include ('lang/'.$LANG.'.php');

I think a fallback to "english" if not exist would be better, what's your idea?

R: Yes, you are right...
Of all points, this is the only important. Other points are related with the work of who design a web, not of a developer...

2)
Quote:When the captcha is entered wrong, the correct captcha-code and the wrong entered captcha-code are shown on the next website (not in AJAX in the same site)
and this text appears:

Redirection in 2 seconds. If you do not redirection push Back

a) why show the correct and wrong code? When there was a mistake, you cannot correct it as the next loaded captcha will demand other string
b) 2 seconds is too short... if you want the people to read the message, but I think it would be better to show the error text directly in the guestbook.page
c) the text should be read from the language file! No english text for non-english users

I attach an uptodate german language file here
R: a) If you have a mistake, the system tell you,...
b) to me i like it so...
c) In next version, will read from language file...

3)
Quote:the text "'View contactform.log'," in the en_EN-language file is wrong. I think it should be "

'View guestbook.log',

also

"CONTACT_FORM_SUB" => 'Contact Form Submission',
R: it is of other plugin, and does not influence this... but in the next version i removed this fields...

4)
Quote: I also do not understand why the language file en_EN is stil in ASCII, a real quiz question ;=)
R: i neither... in linux UTF-8, in windows ANSI ¿?¿?¿?

5)
Quote:what is this in guestbook.php in line 267?
When I discomment, nothing happens (there is no guestbook-name set)

<!-- if you want that show the name of guestbook, discomment the next line -->
<!-- <div style="font-size:35px; letter-spacing:1px; line-height:35px; margin:22px 20px 10px;"><?php //echo i18n('guestbook/GBOOK'); ?></div> -->
R: becuase you must discomment html and php:
Code:
<div style="font-size:35px; letter-spacing:1px; line-height:35px; margin:22px 20px 10px;"><?php echo i18n('guestbook/GBOOK'); ?></div>

6)
Quote:comprueba.php, line 117:

$from = 'no-reply@get-simple.info';

I think this mail-adress should be pulled from a setting
R: Now if you remove this line does not happend anything, then in the next version this line will be removed...

7)
Quote:guestbook.php, lines 376:
in german the header of the form reads:

geschrieben am July 21st, 2011 - 3:28 PM

the date format is wrong, where do you get the date format from?
it is no german date
R: in lines +- 376 and +- 440,
Code:
else if ($n == 'date'){
                    $d = substr($d,0,strpos($d,'+')-1);

$d = lngDate($d);...
use a function of getsimple lngDate...
You must read: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/720/p...tion-date/

8)
Quote:you must separate content from layout
your layout breask all CSS from any website, you must give IDs or classes to the table elements, not place the css in the code

I do need a guestbook for a client site, but as it is now, I cannot integrate it. "Our" site is green not gradient red...
R: yes or no or yes or no. This is free. I think that is easy to make the changes that you needs. Moreover, you already have a css as i have seen in http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/plugi...uchplugin/

Quote:and the form is absolutely ugly ...
R: ...then modify it. Iḿ not a designer...
I think the important thing is that the system works; everyone has to adapt to your style...

PD: to me to write it, i takes a long time and i have little...

Greetings and kisses....
"R: yes or no or yes or no. This is free. I think that is easy to make the changes that you needs. Moreover, you already have a css as i have seen in http://www.urbanistan.de/getsimple/plug … uchplugin/"

Cumbe, the problem is:

yes, for sure a template has CSS definitions for forms
and this definition belongs to the template as every template has a different look

the problem with the guestbook form is, that you define CSS already

for example:
Code:
foreach ($log_data as $log) {
        echo '<li><p style="font-size:11px;line-height:15px;" ><b style="line-height:20px;" >'.$i18n['LOG_FILE_ENTRY'].'</b><a style="padding-left: 50px;" title="'.i18n_r('guestbook/ndel').'" href="load.php?id=guestbook&n_del='.$count.'"><b>X</b></a><br />';
                $atrib = $log->attributes();

these definitions will overwrite all CSS styling from the template CSS

Code:
echo '<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 style="border-top: 1px dotted #CCCCCC; border-bottom: 1px dotted #CCCCCC; padding: 10px 0px;">';
       echo '<tr><td colspan="2" style=" vertical-align: middle;" align="right"><br />';
       echo '</td></tr>';
       echo '<tr><td style=" vertical-align: middle; width: 30px;" align="right">';
               echo '<p style="margin-bottom: 3px;"><label>(*)'.i18n_r('guestbook/Nb').':</label></p></td><td>
               <input style="margin-left:2px; width: 444px;" type="text" name="guest[nombre]" />';
       echo '</td></tr>';
       echo '<tr><td align="right" style="vertical-align: middle;">';

all these definitions should not be in the script
plus: the form should not be created in a table, it should be designed by CSS and floats
see here an example: http://www.jankoatwarpspeed.com/post/200...d-CSS.aspx

I know you are not a designer (I also am no designer, but as I must define CSS, I have difficulties when the definitions are already in the script, though they cannot be manipulated)

and you define style inbetween a CSS:
Code:
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
      #tabla {

}
      .th{

}
      .td{

}

#tablar {

}
      .thr{

}

.capt{

}

-->
    </STYLE>

so the designer has no chance at all
better would be to deliver this css as a separate file and tell the admins / users to add these definitions to their template CSS files

unfortunately I am not good enough in styling ;=(
|--

Cumbe,

I am really unhappy.
I really need a guestbook which shows the correct dateformat and does not add CSS

I do not understand why I must read http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/720/p...ion-date/, what shall I do with it?

I just see that the date is wrong, it should be TT.MM.JJJJ

Can't you just do a table or a form in a div with class-names or id-names but no definition in it?

You say you are no designer. That is right. You are developer.
But a designer has no chance with your script's output.
And so your script will not fit into the themes

that is a pity
|--

Connie, You've convinced me, i do not want to make unhappy anyone.; i´m adapting a css, but still isn't finished. I'm sorry.

The date is saved like format 'r': http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php.
The language is of server system.

After, is showed using a function of getsimple: lngDate( date ), that is in admin/inc/basic.php.
You can use other function, replacing lines +-:
* line 376:
* line 440:
$d = lngDate($d);

by, for example:
Code:
$mm= strftime('%m',strtotime($d));
          $tt= strftime('%d',strtotime($d));
          $jj= strftime('%Y',strtotime($d));
              $d = $tt.'.'.$mm.'.'.$jj;

Regards.
hi again!!
i had not realized, Oleg06 had left a link with a guestbook with css ....
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/15508/#p15508

Download: http://chaga-mushroom.com/guestbook.zip

I like me more this design; i will adpat...
Hallo Cumbe,

thanks for the modfication, I did experiment with Oleg's CSS, but not finished

With language, language of gsconfig.php should do, language of server is not always the language of the client.
I had a lot of german domains on an US-server

best would be a parameter in the guestbook-settings

adéu,

Connie
|--

I tested again with Oleg's version
I did not add the css to my css definition, first test was a functional test

I noticed that the captcha-integration is working wrong: when you reload the captcha, the complete text input is cleared as well

that is not very userfriendly, you will get a lot of beasty comments...
|--

i have seen it, and i do not know why.
Before, it didn't happen..., you can test in:
http://cumbe.no-ip.biz/gs_30/guestbook-en/

Regards.
yes, it's not happening in your version

unfortunately when you enter a wrong Captcha-Text, the blank page shows the error and redirects, but all your entries are deleted

so because of the stupid captcha you have to re-write the whole text

I am not sure if guests like that ;=) maybe there is way not to clear the input, only the captcha in AJAX-manner?
|--