Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Installing - prob with index.php, lines 17 & 18
Hi All

I'm new here and learning about servers, scripts, ftp, etc, so please be patient  Smile

I've installed the latest GetSimple onto a shared server. Admin install worked fine, but I get warnings and an error message when I try to access the site domain.

Specifically, messages look like:

"Warning: include(inc/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/o/mydomain.com/public_html/index.php on line 17

Warning: include(inc/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/sites/o/[i][b]mydomain.com/public_html/index.php[/b] on line 17[/i]

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'inc/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/newage/lib/php') in /var/sites/o/[i][b]mydomain.com/public_html/index.php[/b] on line 17[/i]

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_template() in /var/sites/o/online-bingo-sites.com/public_html/index.php on line 18"

Index.php unpacked into the data folder, so I've moved it to be under the public_html. That meant that I no longer got the
Forbidden massage but I got this one instead.

(I did unpack the GetSimple zip file on the server rather than on my local hard drive. I don't think that has caused the problem, but it maybe helpful info. A lot of files unpacked into the data folder.

Should I be aiming to do something with the hint: " include_path='.:/usr/newage/lib/php' "  ?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Luke
Hi Luke,

Normally you shouldn't be required to move around PHP files.
Have you had a look at the Settings tab in your admin dashboard?
What do the fields Website name & Website URL say?

(The following is less likely, if your admin install works)
Also had a look at the root .htaccess file in your GS install?
Open it in a text editor, and search for the text RewriteBase : what is written there?

Cheers,
Ty
reinstall , copy all files from extract, your site sounds whacked.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix