Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Retrieve Log-in Info
Hi there. This is my first time working with GetSimple, so I apologize if the answer is obvious. A client of mine has asked me to help him make some simple updates to his pre-existing website, which was built using GetSimple. He has no way to get a hold of the developer who made his site, and he does not know his username or password to log-in to the admin area. Is there a way to find his username by using the email associated with his account?  When I click forgot password, it looks like it requires a username. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!
If you have ftp access you can upload a new user file to data/users, or edit the existing to a known password.
Thanks Timbow. Unfortunately, I don't even have ftp access. My client literally only knows his domain name.
Any other ideas?
your client should ask his hoster for ftp credentials
In answer to your question yes there is a username and password and an email address normally given on the initial install. Only one user by default but there is a widely used multi-user plugin. You would need to know the username to get the reset password email. 

If you don't have a username or a password and you don't have ftp I'm sorry to say that I hope you are securely locked out!

If you had a backup of the site you could easily reproduce it elsewhere with a new login. If it's a simple site you could reproduce it elsewhere just by copying the html and other files which are publicly available and reconstructing it.
Hmmm, if there are backups they would have the username in it. Or any previous emails from the site..
Do you have cpanel access, do any pages say author ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix