Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED Cannot upload files and/or images ..
Question 
I cannot upload files - the button beneath File Management under the Files tab is blank?

After clicking the Files tab, "Upload files and/or images .." briefly displays and then disappears, leaving the button blank.

I'm thinking it's because of my server or somesuch.  The upload folder (under data) has permissions set to 755.  Maybe htaccess is the reason?  Could PHP 7.1 be the culprit?

Not certain how far back this problem goes - GS 3.3.13 is what I'm using.  (Typically I use FTP to upload files.)

BTW, sincere thanks to everyone whom actively develops GetSimple itself, and to those who extend GetSimple through plugins and themes!  I've been using GetSimple for a number of years now, but I guess it's time to stop lurking on this forum.
(2017-03-13, 14:42:57)Trajan Wrote: I cannot upload files - the button beneath File Management under the Files tab is blank?

You probably don't have Flash enabled in your browser (Uploadify requires Flash).

You can either:
  • Enable Flash, or
  • Remove the comment (#) from define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1); in gsconfig.php.
--
Nick.
If anyone can figure out why its not falling back to form gracefully let me know. Its supposed to
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2017-03-14, 21:45:21)hameau Wrote:
(2017-03-13, 14:42:57)Trajan Wrote: I cannot upload files - the button beneath File Management under the Files tab is blank?

You probably don't have Flash enabled in your browser (Uploadify requires Flash).

You can either:
  • Enable Flash, or
  • Remove the comment (#) from define('GSNOUPLOADIFY', 1); in gsconfig.php.

Yep.

If Flash is disabled, the button is blank.  If Flash is enabled, then the button is active and upload is possible.  And removal of the comment from GSNOUPLOADIFY activates the non-Flash fallback for uploading.

Thanks!  Good to know that the GetSimple community is active!

(2017-03-14, 22:11:10)shawn_a Wrote: If anyone can figure out why its not falling back to form gracefully let me know. Its supposed to

Doesn't look as if it's falling back automatically to support non-Flash uploading, in my environment.

(Thanks for all your work on GetSimple, Shawn!)
Yeah indont have time to investigate since 3.4 no longer even uses uploadify.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2017-03-14, 22:11:10)shawn_a Wrote: If anyone can figure out why its not falling back to form gracefully let me know. Its supposed to

In Firefox, if the Flash plugin is set to 'Always ask', Uploadify remains blocked unless the prompt response is 'Allow'.

If the Flash plugin is disabled, the upload button works as intended (falls back to form).

As you say, not worth investigating.
--
Nick.
(2017-03-16, 23:54:02)hameau Wrote:

In Firefox, if the Flash plugin is set to 'Always ask', Uploadify remains blocked unless the prompt response is 'Allow'.

If the Flash plugin is disabled, the upload button works as intended (falls back to form).

As you say, not worth investigating.

Okay, I stand to be corrected, sensu stricto.

However, in my Firefox install, there is no Flash plugin.  If no plugin, neither the button nor uploadify display.

But I agree, not worth investigating.